This position is for a Project Manager in the F35 Mods and Upgrades Program Office integrating all C2D2 / Block 4 modernization efforts across the Sustainment organization. To ensure the air system adequately supports the aircraft when future upgrades occur, the selected candidate will ensure that all planned aircraft upgrades are fully integrated, including proposing, contracting, modification planning and execution across the Support System enterprise. Those elements include mod planning, mod operations, depots, bases, training / simulators, ALIS, and Annualized / Non-Annualized Sustainment activities.
To ensure success planning future upgrades that optimize aircraft availability / mission effectiveness while ensuring affordability in implementation cost and Sustainment Life Cycle cost, this position requires significant integration, interface and interaction with the globally dispersed Sustainment team including LM Aero and RMS, BAE and NG as well as with team members from Development, Production, Engineering, and Financial / Business Operations. in The selected candidate will also devise / integrate acquisition strategies for F35 Sustainment activities to ensure acquisition is efficient and implementation of Sustainment system upgrades occurs in concert with aircraft upgrades.
Selected candidate will perform technical/project management; will be responsible for resolution of technical, programmatic, business, and contracting risks and issues that affect the basic configuration of the F-35 weapon system. Task assignments will arise from various sources, and the output from the projects worked by this individual will often include coordination with, and out briefs for leaders. Candidate will coordinate with various functions on the team to develop integrated technical/project solutions to both tactical and strategic program risks and issues. This role may also periodically be assigned special projects within the Sustainment Mods and Upgrades Program Office aimed at resolving a systemic problem or issue associated with the Sustainment Contracts.
Position is located at our F-35 Product Support Integration Center in North Fort Worth.
• Ability to operate autonomously with minimal direction from senior management.
- Proven ability to drive issues to resolution, which may involve direct interaction with senior leadership within LM and customer organizations.
- Ability to resolve issues that are outside of the individual's training or background.
- Knowledge of JSF Program policies & processes. Strong communication skills (written and oral), with a willingness to engage with subject matter experts in a variety of different functional organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and partnering across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative and productive relationships with peers, employees, key leaders, customers and partners
- Strong business acumen, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Experience performing sustainment and upgrade programs on LM or aerospace/defense products
- Experience in developing an integrated schedule on highly complex, large scale efforts
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.