IT Help Desk Technician
AUTAJON GROUP:We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market, the Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
We are based in South Plainfield, NJ just 30 minutes outside of Newark, NJ and just 45 minutes from Times Square, making it a great place to raise a family in the suburbs while having the hustle and bustle of city life close by. Cultech is known for being one of the best custom luxury packaging companies currently engaged exclusively in fine fragrance and premium cosmetics. Cultech is also recognized for its high quality and as a leader in the creation of Mylar-laminated cartons. We provide enhanced graphics, custom formulated inks, hot stamping, embossing and silk screening techniques to create distinctive packages with high visual appeal for the top brands around the world. We currently employ about 135 employees between two shifts, most of which work four day work weeks.
As we continue to grow, Cultech will focus on expanding our client base and becoming more creative and innovative with new technologies and enhanced services. We remain dedicated to our values and committed to our employees.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Help Desk Technician to be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware and software. As a help desk technician, you will be responsible for responding to IT tickets coming from internal and external users located in 4 US facilities of the Autajon Group.
To be a successful help desk technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of windows computers (installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.) You are passionate about helping others, skilled at troubleshooting with an analytical method, you blend solid technical foundation with a curiosity for technology.
This role goes beyond the usual “help desk” role, as you will work closely with the IT team based in the US and Europe and participate in new installations, expansions, acquisitions, and new projects that allow the Autajon Group to continually expand and improve.
- Triage incoming help desk tickets.
- Provide technical support to internal customers either remotely or on-site.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues in a timely manner.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next Tier of the IT team.
- Install, modify, and repair IT hardware, software and peripherals.
- Maintain and write technical documentation and user guides.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain a proper physical inventory of any IT equipment.
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve.
- Assist all the US facilities of the Autajon Group.
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred or Master’s degree in progress. At least 1 year of working technical experience supporting hardware and software in multi-user networked environment. Or, equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Academic knowledge in networking, routing, switching, security and Window Servers
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS (and preferably also Mac OS)
- CompTIA and/or Microsoft Certifications are a Plus
- Good problem-solving skills and analytical mindset
- Must be able to work well both in a team setting and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to always remain calm, friendly and patient, even with difficult customers
- Willingness and flexibility to travel, mostly regionally and sometimes domestically, as needed
- Flexibility working after shift hours and weekends, as needed. Normal work hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Monday - Friday).
What We Offer
We believe our employees are truly our company’s most valuable asset and critical to our continued success and therefore we ensure we offer competitive compensation. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to grow and excel with Autajon.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- IT Help Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person