Job Title: Utility Worker
Employment Type: Part-Time
Yearly Salary Range: $10.00/Hour
Reports to: Sous Chef
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Southern Foodservice Management is seeking a reliable Utility Worker/Dishwasher for our client location in Tuscaloosa. The Utility Worker is to perform all duties to ensure the dining facilities are clean and sanitized. This position provides guest service by assuring that all tableware, glassware, chinaware and cooking utensils are sanitary, clean and stored in its correct location. This position also includes daily buffet setup, daily cleaning, including but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, etc. of areas specified, assisting in loading, unloading of trucks and proper storage and disposal of waste as designated by the Sous Chef. This position sets the standard of cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant. Work hours will vary depending on the event requirements.
We are looking for multiple candidates for this position. A few position openings will have hours available primarily in the evenings and on weekends. The other position openings could be scheduled to work days, nights, and/or weekends.
Southern Foodservice Management’s Culture
We have a philosophy for each and every one on our service team to give something extra. A Southern Foodservice Management employee:
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and respectful attitude towards guests and other team members.
- Arrives to work on time and in correct uniform, clean shoes, clean and pressed black pants and shirt, apron, name tag, and a SMILE.
- Understands job duties and responsibilities, as well as having an eagerness to learn more and develop new skills.
- Promotes a fun and efficient work environment, focusing on guest satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Previous experience as a dishwasher or utility operator in a dining facility preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery.
- Willingness to work in hot, humid environment.
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers and peers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to work well under intense time pressure.
- Excellent emotional control in fast-paced environments.
- Dedication to on-time arrival for shifts.
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- High level of reliability.
- Flexible schedule required.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Wash all dishes, utensils and/or kitchen pots and pans by either using the automatic dish machine or in the three-compartment sink, making sure to follow correct procedures.
- Store all dishes, utensils and pots and pans in their correct location
- Clean bathrooms and each room of the house.
- Ensure the storage of incoming food, chemicals and cleaning supplies meet company and ServeSafe quality standards.
- Assist in organizing walk in cooler and freezer.
- Retrieve items from walk in cooler, freezer or dry storage.
- Notify supervisor of any low stock items.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly kitchen.
- Assist in deep cleaning to ensure high health inspection scores.
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles from the house to the garbage bin area.
- Break down all boxes and dispose of them in the cardboard dumpster.
- Always follow safety and sanitation policies.
- Break down and clean dish machine daily and empty water holding areas.
- Uses de-limer on the dish machine, as needed.
- Sweep and mop designated areas at the end of the shift.
- Comply with the company’s safety standards and dress code always.
- Must maintain a clean uniform, including the top, pants, hat or hairnet, apron and nametag.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Set a good example for all personnel through appearance in uniform and work ethic.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, available to full-time employees
- Universal Life Insurance, available to full-time employees
- Short Term Disability, available to full-time employees
- Credit Union Membership
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Southern Foodservice is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour