About Atlas Consumer Law:
Atlas Consumer Law is home to 15 of the best consumer protection and class action attorneys in the country. However, it is the 25 support staff who deserve all the credit for making Atlas what it is. Atlas is a multi-state consumer protection law firm based in Lombard, Illinois that uses state and federal laws to protect the interests of consumers. We are absolutely committed to each other. That fellowship is what ensures we knock it out of the park every time on behalf of our beloved clients. Our goal is to serve humanity and to improve the knowledge and abilities of our colleagues while we march towards our goal. We do so by using advanced legal strategies to stop illegal collection activity by big banks, collection agencies, payday loan companies and scammers of every kind who viciously take advantage of consumers. This is extremely fulfilling work.
Atlas is the most positively client reviewed litigation law firm in the country. Our clients love us and they will love you. We are more than a law firm; we are a team on a mission. Atlas is an exciting firm and in need of the right person, with the best character and a great personality.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the most innovative and mission driven law firm in the country? Kindly attach a cover letter outlining why you would be a great candidate. Tell us your story.
Summary of Opportunity:
Participates as a team member and assists attorneys in various litigation matters by playing a key role in the work required to support the firm's clients. This hands-on position provides support as an integral part of strategizing case file and process management through all stages of litigation. Manages and utilizes automated litigation support tools.
· Experience in drafting and answering discovery requests for all civil litigation matters
· Prepares for depositions, hearings and trials
· Compiles, reviews and analyzes documents as required by attorneys specific to case issues and determines necessary information
· Performs research (factual, legal, internet, and other) to identify issues and relevant matters; prepare compilation of findings
· Drafts simple motions and notices to be filed at attorney's direction
· Assists with preparation of court filings including, but not limited to, cite and fact checking legal briefs and assembling of exhibits and appendices
· Understands mechanics of e-filing and e-files with courts and agencies
· Communicates, corresponds and interacts with clients and outside entities, such as, government entities, expert witnesses, vendors, corporations and other law firms to gather information or data
· Serves as factual resource on cases and demonstrates knowledge of case documents
Essential Qualities and Capabilities:
· Enjoys Empowering Others
· Enjoys giving credit and receiving credit for great work
· Understands Audit Without Blame: Meaning can take and give criticism for the benefit of the mission and has confidence to stand up for what is right and best for Atlas at all times
· Collaborates effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of personnel, including attorneys, coworkers and administrators
· Owns professional development by seeking out feedback and learning new skills
· Possesses very strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate to attorneys and staff
· Must be a proactive, self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context
· Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
· Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available
· Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues
· Must deliver high quality work product and have the ability to follow up and follow through
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as a team player, in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work effectively in a multi-office environment and culturally and educationally diverse environment
· Must take ownership of deliverables and be accountable
Education, Experience and Legal Skills Required:
A minimum of 1 to 2 years of litigation paralegal experience preferred. The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the CM/ECF filing system used in federal court and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure or possess the ability and drive to be up and running quickly. The position will have significant collaboration with lawyers and paralegals and requires excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation: $38,000 to $58,000 per year depending on candidate possessing excellent character, being kind by nature, being humble, possessing a positive personality, having ambition for team success, and proven experience or the ambition and ability to learn the Atlas way of litigation: In that order!
Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and 401k program available.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Litigation Paralegal: 2 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19