Midtown law firm seeks an Immigration Paralegal, Spanish Bilingual for Business, Removal and Family cases. Our immigration practice is 80% business imm petitions, 10% family imm petitions and 10% imm removal approx. Under attorney supervision the Paralegal will conduct legal research, prepare filings, reports, documents, files papers and petitions with USCIS and Immigration Courts.
- Follow law firm charts and protocols
- Complete files, report and follow up with clients
- File petitions
- Monitor cases in CRM database
- Prepare and file paper and electronic applications
- Interact daily with USCIS, courts and attorneys.
- update CRM/databases
- sporadic visits to Immigration Court for personal filings or inquiries.
- Associate or College Degree.
- Detail Oriented.
- Must be proficient on Legal research with an understanding of the hierarchy of the applicable sources of law.
- Ability to consistently follow directions, procedures and protocols.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated job assignments under significant time and supervisory pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with firm personnel.
- Spanish bilingual speaker.
- Focus on project completions.
Professionals will be initially hired on part-time basis for training and probationary period 15 hrs per week after which the professional will be evaluated to become permanent employee.
Employee will work remotely but requires to go to the office in Manhattan 1-2 Days per week. Even after COVID we expect that the employee will be able to work remotely 2-4 days per week. However going to NYC 1-2 times per week will eventually be required, so employee must be in the tri-State Area.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Immigration Law: 3 years (Required)
- Law firm: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends