Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Fulfills all Level 1 Tech responsibility. Under minimal supervision, performs various manual and automated activities in the processing of equipment, surgical instruments and supplies for decontamination, sterilization and general processing. Responsible for item tracking and inspection using a computerized system tracking program. Distributes and prepares equipment, instruments and supplies used for the care and treatment of surgical and endoscopic patients. Works independently and assumes charge role on weekends and during the week as needed.
1. Prioritizes workflow of the Sterile Processing Department. Prioritizes immediate needs of the Operating Room and other departments with stat requests. Uses critical thinking to prioritize work to be completed on each shift using the volume of the curren
2. Takes responsibility for communicating needs and priorities to the Supervisor or Lead Tech. Attends daily communication meetings including huddles and shift change meetings.
3. Verifies that all equipment and insruments required for the next day's procedures have been accounted for following established departmental guidelines.
4. Prepares case carts for next day's procedures while identifying missing equipment, supplies & instruments following departmental guidelines for shortage resolution.
5. Works with the Supervisor or Lead Tech to ensure all sterile processing functions comply with the AAMI standards and other appropriate regulations in all areas including decontamination, products sterility, packaging integrity, department equipment monito
6. Works with the Supervisor to maintain designated levels of sterile and nonsterile supplies for the department and hospital.
7. Instructs and mentors new employees in prioritizing work flow during peak & emergency situation while demonstrating proficiency & efficiency.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of three years sterile processing experience. Minimum Experience: three years Desired:
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night 8
Work Shift: Monday through Saturday night 8 hours shift or Sunday night through Thursday night 8 hours shift
Org Unit: 418
Department: Sterile Processing
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time