Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
coordinate, sell and support the Capital platform of electrosurgical eenerators and visualization technologies driving market share in key geographic markets. Achieve assigned quota targets while meeting all sales objectives; develop and support multi-level sale within given institutions; clinically focused relationships for new and existing practices; support Company policies; represent Company to the customer and follow Company policy with sincerity, excellence, and integrity.
- Support a Regional or Area Fiscal Year Sales strategy by achieving assigned sales objective in all compensation and product categories.
- Collaborate with overlapping with Combined and/or Energy Specialist to manage hardware pipeline and fleet audit and building revenue streams in targeted accounts with our capital platform.
- Install and support the initial training and usage of generators and visualization technology upon execution of purchase.
- Drive contractual excellence through current GPO & IDN’s to provide current partners with Best-In-Class Products via customer quarterly business reviews
- Design best practices for Risk Management call points to enable seamless upgrade from legacy ESUs
- Utilize HW Potential Market Data, Cognos, Salesforce.com, BAT Tool, Service and Fleet records and other available company resources to develop a Quarterly Business Plan.
- Partner with Regional/Area “Conversions” stakeholders for seamless assessment and proposals of capital equipment needs
- Manage large scale budgetary quoting/fleet process through SFDC.
- Sell service, extended warranties, system upgrades and additional systems.
- Execute Implementation Plan in new accounts, setting expectations with customers and supporting a multidisciplinary approach and lung nodule programs
- Collaborate with territory managers, market development executives and clinical education specialists.
- Continually analyze territory to identify opportunities to drive procedure utilization and expand overall product usage
- Attend clinical cases where Medtronic or competitive product is being used to develop business case for usage and system conversion.
- Conduct training and in-service and demonstrations. (concierge, biomed connect, etc.)
- Administer or coordinate attendance towards company sponsored education and training.
- Attend and network within biomedical community.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to demonstrate strength of Medtronic contracts and highlight new areas for growth or partnership.
- Develop multi-level sales relationships inclusive of both clinical and administrative relationships.
- Position product support up to and including through established hospital VAC
- Advocate Company to the customer and follow Company policy with sincerity, excellence, and integrity.
- Demonstrate fiscal restraint and exhibit behavior associated with a desire to increase earnings and profitability in your territory.
- Continually increase technical/industry knowledge.
- Participate in Divisional and Regional meetings.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Minimum 3 years field sales experience
Excellent understanding of vendor, distributor, hospital supply chain management, capital and visualization sales experience
Excellent written, verbal skills; ability to develop and present complex business reviews/presentations.
Ability to gain support and communicate with all levels of organization.
Senior Director of Sales
With frequent communication to Zone Business Leader, regional counterparts
Responsibility to oversee:
Key element is flexibility and ability to work independently. Travel associated with this position consistent to assigned geography or beyond.
Nice to Have
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.