Foreign Exchange Regulatory Review Rep 4-180027627
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank’s Foreign Exchange Operations and Remittance teams support the servicing of a variety of Foreign Exchange and International Banking products. The business line is responsible for ensuring that processes and services are consistent with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure assigned locations, business units, or proposed products and processes are in compliance with various laws and regulations. Act as a primary compliance consultant/resource for Foreign Exchange Services with respect to questions, consulting, and training.
- Participate in, and ensure compliance in the design and development of policies, procedures, processes and training programs.
- Conduct quality assurance testing related to operational processing, in order to ensure regulatory compliance and identify opportunities to enhance performance.
- Perform periodic reviews to assess level of regulatory compliance and support audits, exams and reviews being conducted in Foreign Exchange Services. Engage in the resolution of issues through monitoring milestone progress and sustainability testing, including regulatory, audit, Compliance Quality Assurance and Business Line Self ID.
- Collect and organize data in order to track, monitor and report on the effectiveness of key controls. Foster a culture of risk management through sharing of risk/compliance knowledge.
- Participate with key risk partners to manage the control inventory with focus on accuracy and clarity of the control language as well as consistency with corresponding process and procedures
- Manage and update team control documentation and control monitoring procedures
- Support and compile required reporting and scorecard for management reporting
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to eight years of experience in regulatory compliance activities
- Three to five years of banking operations experience, preferably in Foreign Exchange Services
- Advanced knowledge of government and regulatory laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of Foreign Exchange operations, policies and procedures (internal postings only)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable in raising an opposing perspective
- Skilled in interacting with various business partners and levels of management
- Strong PC skills to include MS Office products
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and able to prioritize work
Primary Location Oregon-OR-Portland
Other Locations IL-IL-Chicago, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40