BASIC FUNCTION: The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation and staff of all food and beverage areas of operation including, but not limited to, the restaurant, bar, banquets and kitchen, and for maintaining the highest level of standards and efficiency. The position exists within the Cambria Downtown Nashville, one of Nashville's newest and most exciting hotels!
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within the field of food and beverage
- Knowledge of Micros strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Available to work any shift or day including weekends and holidays.
- Conduct monthly meetings with all Food and Beverage associates to recognize and address issues pertaining to service and/or equipment needs.
- Consult with the Assistant General Manager and General Manager on issues pertaining to service and/or equipment needs.
- Attend and take an active role in weekly BEO and Staff meetings.
- Monitor inventory and place orders for all Food and Beverage related stock stock and supplies, including food, beverages, dishware and cutlery.
- Perform monthly inventories of food and beverage for entire Food and Beverage operation.
- Respond to the needs and requests of guests and potential guests.
- Ensure that implementation and maintenance of Cambria standards for food, beverage, and service quality are strictly adhered to.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules for staff based on forecasted business levels.
- Ensure payroll is reviewed and finalized as set forth by the policy of the company.
- Maintain daily oversight of staff’s punches and perform edits as needed.
- Be exceptionally knowledgeable in wine, beer and liquor service and bartending.
- Know and understand the job descriptions of all positions in restaurant the department and be capable of performing the tasks as required
Systems Development and Implementation:
- Responsible for the development of workable systems for inventory, ordering, receiving, and product utilization.
- Responsible for the training and development of all Food & Beverage personnel.
- Assist the Assistant General Manager and General Manager with the implementation of any hotel or company-wide system.
- Assist in the creation of appealing high quality cocktail and special event menus.
- Brainstorm and introduce novel drinks and specials with a focus on local events and with a goal of increasing revenue.
- Create a comfortable atmosphere to encourage committed and loyal associates.
- Develop training programs for Food and Beverage personnel.
- Develop management skills in the department’s supervisory staff.
- Assist in corrective action in regards to unsatisfactory performance.
- Responsible for providing functional assistance to the staff during peak periods.
- Evaluate objectively the performance of all departmental staff.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by the Assistant General Manager or General Manager.
- Assist in all outlets including but not limited to the restaurant, bar, banquets and kitchen in whatever capacity is needed to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
Job Type: Full-time
- kitchen management: 1 year
- restaurant management: 2 years
- bar management: 1 year