The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Research Assistant I provides technical assistance in carrying out various research projects. Impacts laboratory research activities. Constructs, assembles and operates laboratory apparatus and equipment. Records and evaluates data in accordance with methods requested. Studies are specific to cord blood transplantation and novel translational research studies. Position assists with the development of new clinical studies involving ex vivo cord blood expansion techniques, the isolation and characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell subpopulations and the study of these cells in animal models with the goal of studying and improving hematopoietic engraftment
1. Performing Ficoll separation of 4-to 5 blood samples per day for 3 to 4 days in a week.
2. Comfortable in following the laboratory guidelines in preparing cells, media for the researchers.
- Culturing tumor cell lines, and primary human cells
- Expertise in counting cell, freezing and thawing cells would be a plus.
3. Reads literature and confers with superiors regarding new procedures. Collects and organizes data for project reports.
4. Obtaining peripheral blood, bone marrow and spleen samples from animal models and processing of same for flow cytometric and in vitro assays.
5. Performs general laboratory duties, and reagent preparation as assigned.
6. Must be organized in office work, and should also perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Cell therapy experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
US Dollar (USD) 30,400
US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 45,600