Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
Participate and Lead day to day maintenance operations as well as the following duties:
- Conduct maintenance and general repairs to all following areas: Mechanical Systems, Grounds, Roads/Snow Removal, Building Maintenance, NH3 Systems and Emergency repairs of all facilities.
- Provide leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, training and communication.
- Keep Manager informed of activities and significant problems at the UOP
- Support contract services. (Janitorial, sewer, waste disposal, etc.)
- Assist with the facility maintenance budgeting process.
- Participate in UOP Capital Projects and lead facility improvements.
- Participate in internal UOP construction projects to deliver on time and with-in budget.
- Assist Manager with Safety and Environmental compliance issues.
- Inspect all equipment and facility areas regularly for proper, safe and efficient operations.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance and replacement tasks, schedules & records of service.
- Utilize maintenance software for Facilities Work Order System.
- Support event logistics
- Coordinate event parking
- Provide Facility support to internal functions and staff as needed
- Coordinate security system maintenance, monitoring services, alarms, testing and inspections
- Provide support for special events and functions as needed, with priorities including preparing event spaces for FF&E, movement of FF&E to and from event spaces and storage.
- Participate in self-improvement study materials pertaining to Facility Maintenance (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, NH3, ect.)
- Support and crew management for large scale Sport Events (World Cup, Trials, World Championships ect).
- Maintain adequate supplies, tools and equipment for efficient and safe operations of the facility.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies (light bulbs, plumbing supplies, door supplies, ect)
- Assist and/or lead weekly safety/toolbox meetings.
- Work with Patrol in emergency circumstances.
- Active Member of the UOP Haz-Mat Response Team
- Other job duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Working experience in HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems preferred, but not required
- Must work well in a team environment with the ability to lead.
- Superior organizational, coordination, multi-tasking abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Experience in creating and maintaining maintenance schedules
- Experience coordinating and monitoring contractor services
- Experience with security, fire alarm systems and testing requirements preferred, but not required
- A valid driver’s license
- Overall knowledge of vehicles, small machinery & heavy equipment. (including snow removal)
- Ability to trouble-shoot a variety of problems in refrigeration plant and track functions.
- Computer skills.
- Some 2nd & 3rd shift work may be required.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with internal and external groups.
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand on feet for extended time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.
Job Type: Full-time