Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of our new corporate headquarters, a state-of-the-art building in San Antonio, TX. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and resourceful Paralegal candidate to join our Finance and Investment Treasury Department at Lynd. If you would like to be part of a collaborative, supportive and charismatic team with boundless opportunity, and think you have what it takes to contribute to our success, we would like to hear from you.
Your role on our team would include:
- Identifying, anticipating and managing issues relevant to regulatory licensing transactions
- Collaborating with business representatives, outside counsel, and regulatory agency personnel
- Coordinating and administering issued regulatory licenses as well as preparing applications and disclosure submissions for additional licenses for our U.S.- based locations
- Recording matters in our licensing and permitting software
- Tracking and comprehending licensing reporting requirements across our lines of business
- Assist in-house counsel with legal matters as needed
- Coordinating and administering real estate transaction purchases and dispositions
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Three to five years’ experience in a legal or corporate environment, real estate or compliance experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in law, business or related field or Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Excellent Organizations Skills are a must.
- Possess a strong knowledge of business transactional legal concepts and business organizational issues.
- Ability to perform factual and legal research and analysis within contractual documentation on an as needed basis.
- Possess skills necessary to respond to time critical, sensitive, unique and complex business organization transactions.
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment.
- Capacity to problem solve and independently implement solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to various outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms, hands and fingers; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds. The working environment is typically in an office setting, with an occasional need to leave the premises for business purposes.
The Paralegal may work non-traditional hours, to include evenings or weekends in order to complete work. Employer may also require employees to attend company meetings, training programs and annual leadership conference; may require additional travel outside of assigned community.
Corporate employees are required to comply with the company uniform policy. A copy of the uniform policy is provided on the first day of company employment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and are subject to possible modification.