International Admission Counselor
Position Reports to:
Vice President for Enrollment Management
The International Admission Counselor will represent the University and recruit prospective degree-seeking and non-degree seeking international students with diverse backgrounds from around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the selection and enrollment processes for non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens living abroad.
- Review international admission applications, render admission decisions, monitor workflow and participate in the evaluation of international academic credentials, to determine scholarship eligibility.
- Lead the recruitment of international students and maintain quality of service to inquiries and applicants including accurate and timely follow up and engagement.
- Oversee the cultivation of international school counselors and community-based organizations through regular communication and regional events.
- Participate in international and domestic recruitment activities as needed, including travel to regional, national and international schools, language centers, colleges and institutional partners.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders on campus, develop and implement an international marketing plan which includes student search. Increase engagement with the campus, including virtual interview and information sessions for qualified students.
- Maintain working knowledge of policies and procedures regarding visa issuance, student exchange regulations, custom and immigration enforcement regulations and adherence to both governmental and university standards and practices.
- Supervise and manage student employees assigned to international admissions, to enhance their academic and professional development related to international student outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A valid driver's license and passport are required.
- Previous experience in admissions, school counseling, or international education is preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and a strong, self-motivated work ethic, a competitive spirit and a proven ability to lead.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including experience independently overseeing complex projects and programs.
- Appreciation for the value of a liberal arts education and of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Proven experience
- Must possess creative initiative, flexibility and high motivation. Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team, exercise discretion, and work collaboratively as a member of a diverse community.
Continuous Sit: 80%
Continuous Stand: 20%
Continuous with 20/20 acuity Walk: 35%
10% Write: 80%
30% Push/Pull: 5%
80% Reach above shoulders: 5%
Fine hand manipulation: