- Journeyman HVAC
- Journeyman License
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Trademasters, one of the Nation’s top Facilities Operation and Maintenance (O&M) firms, seeks an experienced HVAC Technician with strong mechanical ability and facilities experience to serve at one of our Washington D.C. sites.
Candidate must have Journeyman License (or have equivalent experience), and must have experience at similar facilities, with central chiller plant, boilers, air handling units and/or other commercial HVAC equipment. Must be familiar with and capable of operating the HVAC systems and adjusting control settings to meet varying facilities environmental demands while preserving systems’ energy efficiency. May interact with building occupants, address customer comfort issues, respond to work orders, and will be responsible for general equipment maintenance as required in the O&M contract.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, service and repair systems in these facilities
- Use knowledge of refrigeration, air distribution, piping systems and structural layout to ensure efficient, safe and uninterrupted operation of the HVAC and mechanical systems
- Perform predictive maintenance to minimize equipment downtime
- Keep mechanical work areas clean and organized
- Responsible for the overall condition of the HVAC equipment
- Perform HVAC equipment inspections and tours of critical systems to ensure optimal performance, and proactively discover deficiencies before they impact the occupants’ comfort or safety
- Strong adherence to OSHA safety regulations for equipment service and for the overall facility and stakeholders’ safety
- Inspect completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes
- Review and check status of automations systems
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have related work experience in HVAC commercial facilities
- Obtain and maintain HVAC certifications
- Participate in trade training to maintain a strong working knowledge of HVAC commercial systems
- Participate in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- 3 or more years of HVAC technician or relevant work experience
- Must understand and be able to read the plans for the facility and be familiar with relevant codes
- CFC-universal, strong understanding of air distribution systems, control systems, refrigeration circuits, chilled and hot water piping systems, and able to understand electrical schematics for HVAC equipment.
Candidate must submit to a background and drivers checks, drug testing, and obtain and maintain the badge required for site access. Familiarity with government buildings, operations and equipment is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes and a brief letter or summary of qualifications and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Salary: commensurate with experience, plus, Fringes (which includes access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and 401(k)); paid holidays and paid vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Journeyman: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical proficiency: 1 year (Preferred)
- Facilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commerical HVAC: 3 years (Preferred)
- CFC Universal (Preferred)