Do you want to help shape the future of space and satellite operations? Does working with NASA, Air Force Research Lab and the DoD sound exciting? Are you innovative, talented and looking for a career launching pad?
Emergent Space Technologies is a rapidly growing aerospace company providing technology expertise in spaceflight systems to developers of science, military, and commercial spacecraft. Emergent is mission-focused and our engineers work directly with the spacecraft development teams at multiple locations across the United States to develop solutions in autonomy, navigation, guidance and controls.
We are currently seeking a undergraduate student intern for the Summer of 2020 to join our team in Laurel, Md. You will research and apply various satellite navigation filtering techniques to improve performance of Emergent's satellite navigation tool (NAV). You will characterize effects of a wide-range of filter tuning parameters, across many data sets. You may also assist in the implementation and testing of improved force model additions. Finally, you will summarize the effects of a wide-range of filter tuning parameters and suggest improved techniques for future filter tuning procedures, all while gaining an understanding of satellite navigation procedures.
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Aerospace Engineering with software development experience
- MATLAB and Python programming experience
- Basic understanding of satellite navigation or a desire to learn
- Programming experience/knowledge of C++
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
- Emergent Space Technologies, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package and is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.