We are looking for an experienced Mechanic to join our RTP Manufacturing Maintenance team!
This person will collaborate with Engineering, Instrumentation and Controls, and Manufacturing to troubleshoot production equipment across the site.
As a Maintenance Mechanic II, you will provide customer focused service and support working independently or as a part of a team to perform preventative, standard and repair maintenance on process and utility equipment, such as, bioreactors, water and CIP systems, pumps, agitators, gearboxes, bearing replacements and similar mechanical equipment repairs in a GMP environment.
- Complete all assigned corrective work orders and Preventative Maintenance work in a safe manner per standard operating procedures with attention to detail, maintaining required GMP documentation, and following best practices
- Navigate in a CMMS system to document and close out work orders, equipment changes, parts associated, etc.
- Keeps required training curriculum up-to-date and supports training of other departments (when needed)
- Completes Maintenance work on production, support, and utility equipment in a safe and timely manner
- Supervise work being completed by outside service providers
- Evaluates the need for spare parts on selected assets and makes purchase recommendations
- Evaluates PM procedures and schedules and makes improvements as needed
- Troubleshoots problems on site’s process equipment and implements appropriate corrective actions
- Ensuring multiple PM’s are completed correctly and in timely manner. Being able to adjust scheduling and looking ahead
- Responsible for off hour’s (on-call) maintenance coverage/support on a rotational basis
- Working knowledge of biotech process, support, and utility equipment including bioreactors, centrifuges, vessels, filters, skid-based systems, glasswashers, autoclaves, pumps, agitators, valves, heat exchangers, etc.
- Experience with using CMMS systems to document work
- Good understanding of GMP requirements and Maintenance Best Practices
- Ability to interpret mechanical specification drawings and other technical data sheets
- Experience in planning / coordinating maintenance activities and be able to work with little supervision in a team environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and time management skills. Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proficient with lock-out tag-out safety procedures and energized system work practices
High School Diploma with nine (9) years prior industry experience or an Associate of Arts degree with four (4) years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with one (1) year of experience
Employment CategoryFull-Time Regular