The Motorola Solutions VESTA Technical Support Department provides tier 3 technical support for channel partner technicians that require assistance resolving customer issues. Additionally the department provides technical support for our direct customers. We support a very diverse set of products provided to our customers within unified systems. Our employees enjoy the mental challenge of the diversity of technologies supported within the team. They are also rewarded by the opportunity to fix issues within the systems that ultimately save lives.
Under limited supervision, this position supports the entire suite of Motorola Solutions products/systems to include network, hardware and software applications, interfacing with them via the phone and remote connection. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizes system administration, networking, and software toolsets.
Essential duties and responsibilities :
- Supports the operation, installation, maintenance and service of Motorola Solutions Communications products.
- Acts as the Technical Support escalation point for customer field service technicians.
- Provides third tier technical support over the telephone to customers in solving technical problems incurred in the installation or operation of company products.
- Provides mentorship to customers in the areas of product knowledge, troubleshooting skills and case management
- Operates, participates in and maintains the rotating on-call schedule for 24 hour emergency support calls and escalations.
- Works variable shifts dictated by support needs.
- Continually develops, maintains, reviews and delivers technical, product support and workflow documentation
Desired qualifications :
- Associates degree in Computer Science (or related degree ) or equivalent work experience
- At least 4+ years of work experience in resolving customer technical issues
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCENT, CCT certifications or related experience
- In depth installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP and Windows 7 Operation Systems
- Experience with Windows Domain architecture/integration / Active Directory
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Ability to assist the Technical Support Services Team in training, daily operations, escalations and assignments concerning Technical Support.
- Experience with VMware virtualization suites
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
- Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server)
- Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
- Experience with firewalls and security related applications
- Experience with GIS applications
- Experience with VOIP applications
- Experience with PBX and Premise systems
Associates degree in Computer Science (or related degree ) or equivalent work experience
At least 4+ years of work experience in resolving customer technical issues including installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience
Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
Cisco CCENT, CCT certifications or related experience
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.