TASK DESCRIPTION: This position is located in the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) Organizational Level Maintenance Activity at Ahmed Al-Jaber Air Base to provide contract maintenance services relating to the installation, operation, maintenance, modification and repair of the F/A-18 weapons system.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, trouble shooting, structural repairs and inspections on F/A-18 airframes, sub-assemblies and components.
- Metal and composite repair, internal fuel cell sealing, fastener installation and repair and the removal, installation and rigging of flight control surfaces.
- Perform corrosion inspections and treatment.
- Cross train as a hydraulic technician in an integrated airframes work center.
- Support on-the-job training and cross training of KAF personnel.
- Have completed an F/A-18 Fleet Replacement Aviation Maintenance Program Airframes Course.
- Have completed a Corrosion Control Course.
- Have Composite Repair experience.
- Have a minimum of four years experience of hydraulic/flight control systems on F/A-18 aircraft.
- Proficient with Visual Information Display System/Maintenance Action Form document and all applicable technical publications.
- Have a minimum of one year F/A-18 Plane Captain experience.
- No security clearance required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Airframes: 4 years (Required)