Summary: The Service Desk Analyst II is responsible for providing support for all systems and software utilized by the organization. Support is provided to internal customers and Contractors. The Service Desk Analyst II possesses the ability to manage service desk incidents independently bringing closure to incidents within identified service level agreements. He or she has the ability to discern when an incident needs to be escalated internally to a team member or to third party vendors for investigation and final resolution. The Service Desk Analyst II is responsible for supporting all technology used by CTS (Desktops, laptops, custom development work, printers, telecom systems, etc). The Service Desk Analyst II will be responsible for providing project management for all assigned projects. He / She is responsible for reviewing system and security logs for events / suspicious activity. Should a problem be found within the logs, the Service Desk Analyst II will communicate this to his / her direct manager for further investigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Strong background in VOIP, SDWan, UCaaS, and Disaster Recovery
2. Configure and Troubleshoot Windows 7, 10 and Office 365 in a network environment
3. Install and configure computer hardware and software
4. Provide phone-based, user-facing and / or remote technical support
5. Utilize call tracking software (Samanage) to manage service incidents, service requests, vendor information, and asset management.
6. On-going review of event, security, and other logs for with remediation
7. Document administrative procedures and configurations for backup disaster recovery. Prepare system documentation and other technical documents to accurately reflect existing environment
8. Work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks
9. Investigate, resolve and explain system issues to both technical and non-technical people
10. Perform system updates, and work with third party vendors when required.
11. Assist with the IT components and project management of all software development efforts with our third-party vendors
12. Manage the Service Desk / Asset Management system ensuring inventory is up to date and current on a routine basis
13. Comply with all CTS and IT Departmental policies
14. Respond to rotating after-hours emergency calls
15. Investigate new technologies for the stream-lining of IT / Business Operations
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology, etc. from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing the skills they have to satisfy the job requirements.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with asset management and budgeting.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
Networking / Computer Skills
Service Desk best practices, Cloud based solutions and network architecture. The ability to understand more advanced computer skills / technical concepts and be proficient in TCP/IP, Visio, VOIP Phones. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and workstation imaging. An understanding of HIPAA, the Security Rule, ITIL, and NIST standards are a plus. Familiarity with Transportation Management Software a plus. Background in VMWare, Cisco, VPN, SCCM, SQL, and Anti-virus a plus
Scope of Responsibilities
Incumbent functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies and goals, generally refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of operating policies and procedures may be required.
Contacts involve the ability to influence actions of others where considerable perception is required to analyze individual circumstances and determine most appropriate course of action. Ability to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A+, N+, S+, CCENT, MCSA, ITIL certification (s) a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.
Job Type: Full-time