The Project Engineer coordinates with our client’s team members on a daily basis, collaborates with all Vendors, Material Providers, Contractors, Sub-Contractors to oversee delivery of cabling infrastructure work at a large manufacturing campus. Working on multiple projects simultaneously in live manufacturing, production, research, and IT facilities, you will use creative problem solving and teamwork skills to design and oversee implementation to safely complete projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of copper and fiber communications cabling systems throughout office, manufacturing, IT and lab environments.
- Oversight of contractor installation of: Communications Cabling systems, Grounding, Cabinets, Containment, Cabinet PDU’s.
- Safety Leader – You will ensure that all projects are in compliance with safety requirements.
- Quality Leader – ensure that the installations meet best practices, code, internal requirements, and industry standards.
- Project Management – Provide direction, handoffs, and monitor contractors to assure that the project requirements are achieved and customer expectations are met. You will serve as the primary standard reviewer, making sure that all of the following items are in compliance with the design specifications, code, and the client requirements:
o Scope Management
o Project Budget
o Project Schedule
- As the key on-site representative, establish positive relationships with internal stakeholders in Facilities, Security, and Information Technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of code and compliance to all Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) including various Inspectors and Fire Marshalls. Coordinate any applications for building permits through to project close out and Certificate of Occupancy.
- Acting in the Client’s best interest, provide on-going value engineering to identify potential cost savings and eliminate delays in progress.
- Lead meetings with project stakeholders assuring that all are coordinated toward successful project completion. Provide daily and weekly project updates, progress photographs and document any issues.
- Provide interface with Finance regarding project costs vs. budget, percentage of completion, and input regarding payment applications to the Client. Review and approve pay applications from Vendors and Subcontractors.
Typically a minimum of 7 years related work experience. Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
- BICSI RCDD Certification with 5 years communications design experience
- Familiarity with Commscope / Systimax, Corning systems
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Live environments (after hours and zero downtime)
- Solid understanding of building codes with respect to plenum, riser, and PVC cabling, low smoke and zero halogen cables, fire and smoke systems, fire stopping and penetration sealing.
- Familiarity with NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE, TIA, OSHA Standards
- Organization, Communication, and follow-up skills
- Ability to design and manage multiple projects simultaneously