About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit
Facilitates patient flow through the system from scheduling through registration and service so that patients have a "one touch" registration/scheduling experience. Responsible for obtaining demographic and financial information to ensure accurate patient identification and identify and secure appropriate payment sources. Performs registration functions and insurance eligibility verification. Provides estimates for services when appropriate. Receives and processes patient financial liability payments. Provides estimates for services when appropriate. Receives and processes patient financial liability payments.
1. Responsible for greeting patients promptly and in a friendly manner. Checks patients into the system and provides direction based on appointment location, financial clearance and counseling status. Acknowledges and assists patients with special needs and respects confidentiality.
2. Responds to telephone calls according to established customer service standards. Provides requested information to callers.
3. Performs accurate search/selection of patient within the hospital system to maintain the integrity of the Electronic Master Patient Index (EMPI) and to ensure the accuracy of patient identification.
4. Accurately establishes and schedules appointments for services from patients directly or physician’s offices following the designated protocols of the scheduling systems (Soarian Scheduling, Soarian Financials, Cerner, Athena, etc.).
5. Performs registration functions in the system and enters accurate and complete demographic and financial information to aid in securing payment for services rendered.
6. Performs insurance eligibility verification and executes payor requirements as needed. Includes initiating eligibility transactions via the Internet, contacting the payor to obtain billing information and authorization and scripts for service when appropriate.
7. Enters testing orders in the appropriate system when necessary.
8. May initiate contact to patients to obtain additional information or confirm scheduled appointments.
9. Provides estimates for services when appropriate. Requires an understanding of coding, procedural protocols
and the charge description master.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of Associates Degree and Minimum Experience: zero to six months job-related experience,
Basic level MS Word & MS Excel. Customer service and organizational skills.
Criteria Desired (Not Required):
Bachelors Degree. National Association of Healthcare Access Mgmt (NAHAM) certification.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Day/Eve 8; Four 8 hour shifts between 7:15 am and 7 pm.
Exempt from Overtime:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.