Centennial is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, Centennial tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
Centennial serves institutions, government agencies and private industry. As a member of the Bilfinger Engineering and Services Group, Centennial helps clients better control day-to-day expenditures, lower energy consumption and reduce facility management costs.
People constitute Centennial's key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
Scope of Responsibility:
- B.S. degree in Construction Management or Engineering a plus but not required
- A minimum of five to ten years related experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor
- Extensive experience supervising and managing multiple subcontractors on multiple construction and repair projects
- Basic computer understanding including e-mail, MS Office and internet access
- Good oral communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision, coordination and quality control of subcontractors and craft personnel for multiple job site operations. Ensures the safety and well-being of employees at project sites. Updates the project schedule and ensures that project deadlines are met.
- Ability to acquire and maintain OSHA Safety Course Certification, Red Cross First Aid, and CPR Certification, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers CQM certification
- Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and job site operations for job order contracts in accordance with Centennial's Superintendent’s Manual
- Review and provide input on project scope of work and development
- Help to establish and maintain project schedules including start, progress, and completion schedules
- Control all job site operations for compliance with contract requirements, noise and dust control, non-interruption of Owner activities, and utility shutdown procedures
- Provide daily Safety awareness and inspections to ensure the safety and well being of all personnel at the job sites
- Provide job site quality control checks to ensure the construction and materials are in accordance with project scope of work and Owner standards
- Prepare and submit accurate, detailed, electronic daily reports for the project. Post reports on Contract intranet website
- Together with the Project Manager, prepare agenda and hold job progress meetings with subcontractors to coordinate project progress with minutes distributed to all parties
- Schedule all project activities in compliance with project schedule timelines
- Punch list management and project closeout requirements
- Team player working directly with PSO, PM, QC and subcontractors
- Ensure compliance with Centennial’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if an HSEQ infraction is observed
We are a national General Contractor providing complex renovation and design/build construction services around the country. Our clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states. We offer long term opportunities with excellent compensation, benefits and advancement potential. All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites.
I certify that the answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. By submitting my application to Centennial and/or other Joint Venture Companies, I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I understand that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract of employment. If I am hired, I understand that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that Centennial and/or other Joint Venture Companies retains the same right.
I understand that as an applicant for a position, I may be required to submit to a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. I understand that an unsatisfactory result from, refusal to cooperate with, or any attempt to affect the results of these pre-employment tests and background checks will result in withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment if already employed.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company as set forth in the Centennial Employee Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
You are invited to provide your race, gender and if you are disabled in your employment application, but it is not required. This information is being requested on a voluntary basis solely to fulfill our Affirmative Action requirements as a Federal Contractor. If you prefer not to disclose you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Any information collected related to a disability will be kept confidential and in accordance with the ADA.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please reach out to Luis Castillo (703) 537-6016 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.