Required education, work experience, and skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college / university.
- PE license a plus.
- A minimum of five years' prior employment as a Field Engineer at FM Global required.
Responsibilities of this job:
- Paid on a per-job basis.
- Determine adequacy of automatic fire protection systems and water supplies for wide range of manufacturing and storage occupancies.
- Analysis of natural hazard exposures and existing protection against.
- Develop recommendations for improvement as needed using applicable standards.
- Expertise in calculating NLEs, PMLs, and MFLs.
- Understanding of FM Global standards and NFPA codes.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Self-motivated person who can work efficiently from a home office.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Communicate daily via email and telephone.
- Adequate interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with various clients.
Job Type: Contract
- prior employment as a field engineer at FM Global: 5 years (Preferred)