Facility Assessor Position posting:
Facility Condition Assessor – Keres Consulting, Inc., a Native owned small business, is seeking a qualified applicant for a Facility Condition Assessor. The candidate will be required to complete comprehensive facility condition field assessments on a wide range of building types. A successful candidate will blend their building systems knowledge base and technical expertise with detailed and thorough writing skills to complete written reports on building conditions and asset lifecycle projections. This position requires high travel expectancy balanced with time in our local office; we anticipate the successful candidate spending up to 60-80% of their time carrying out site-based assessments.
The candidate must have a thorough understanding of various building types, construction systems and repair/replacement methods. This includes architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Training is provided on internal proprietary assessment software, however a strong background in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat PDF, and mobile tablet devices are required.
Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in facilities management, construction, or an associated engineering field is preferable. Experience in a facilities maintenance or construction management environment is required. Industry-recognized certifications in engineering, facilities, architecture, or project management are desired.
Job roles and duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Complete comprehensive condition assessments and engineering evaluations of architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and site systems.
· Ability to work in the field assessing a variety of buildings: this includes accessing mechanical/electrical rooms, occupied spaces, building roofs, and exterior site systems.
· Photograph and document facility repair and replacement deficiencies and opportunities.
· Aggregate and compile a building’s individual Architectural and MEP components and prepare reports that discuss the summary description and condition of the building.
· Review available construction drawings (blueprints) to determine building
construction and equipment types/quantities.
· Conduct Health & Safety surveys and reviews.
· Collect cost estimates for implementing maintenance and capital expenditure projects.
· Adept at handling multiple projects in a condensed timeframe to meet strict deadlines.
· Providing strategic advice from a client facing position and successfully deliver projects.
· Assist in generating cost models for future RFPs
· Oversee data entry employees to ensure quality control
· Ability to work with basic assessment program
· Generate floor plans using AutoCAD or Visio when necessary
· Work and Assess multi-family housing
· Generate schedules for assessment team
· Expository report writing and technical writing skills are essential.
· The candidate must be capable of producing high quality written reports and data collection using electronic tablets, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe PDF.
· Ability to meet frequent tight deadlines.
· Ability obtain security clearances on as needed basis per client requirements.
· Willingness to learn industry standard vocabulary and technical terminology (ASTM E2018 – 08 and Uniformat II).
· Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ASHRE codes
· Ability to work remotely in the field in all weather conditions with minimal supervision.
· Ability to travel across the United States as needed.
· Must have professional attitude and ability to represent to our clients.
· Interpersonal skills to work on cross-functional project teams that vary in scope.
· Ability to become proficient in the use of facility condition assessment software on tablet and laptop PC.
This position does require frequent travel. Salary commensurate with experience. This is not a contract position; contractor applications will be rejected. Native American Preference (Reference http://www.eeoc.gov/policy - search on Indian preference for Title VII statement). EEO/AA EMPLOYER. WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Writing Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat: 1 year (Preferred)
- facilities maintenance or construction management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Collection: 1 year (Preferred)