This job is located in Bagram Afghanistan on a Government DOD Contract.
This individual supports program involving installation, maintenance, and repair of the following types of Non-Intrusive Inspection Systems (NIIS) systems and technologies:
- Entry Control Point (ECP) equipment – to include cameras and an integrated pop-up barriers and turn styles into the ECP architecture.
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspections Systems
- ISR and other Ground-based Surveillance Systems
- Various other imaging and force protection systems (to include fixed/PTZ cameras, intrusion detection sensors, radars and other personal identification technologies)
POSITION ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Manages and participates in planning, implementation, operation, and performance of logistics and/or procurement functions, including supply chain, acquisition, distribution, and transportation.
- Prepares integrated logistic plans and policy and procedures for logistic support for major systems.
- Ensures that proper logistic considerations are included in program processes at each major milestone.
- Performs analyses to determine maintainability, reliability, and supportability requirements.
- Documents results of the analyses in a report format.
- Develops systems maintenance concepts and plans and life cycle supply requirements and processes to meet supply requirements.
- Performs cost analysis associated with systems logistic support and develops and reviews systems acquisition projects’ operating plans and procedures to ensure logistic support considerations are included.
- Researches, locates, and negotiates with qualified sources of supplies.
- Negotiates pricing and requests quotes from vendors, and recommends the most qualified source to meet budget and scheduling objectives.
- Implements material shipment controls and inventory control (including GFE).
- Manages and oversees the creation, receipt and/or processing and tracking of requests for materiel.
- Ensures purchase orders are tracked and invoices are reconciled.
- Ensures timely response to inquiries regarding shipment or inventory status.
- Ensures that necessary databases, spreadsheets, reports and records for material control are maintained
- Conducts audits to verify inventory and minimize discrepancies/ duplications and prepares subsequent reports and documentation.
- May subsequently identify the need to adjust procedures or future orders.
- Will identify and implement new tools and/or methods aimed at improving efficiency and best value pricing objectives as needed.
MINIMUM/GENERAL EXPERIENCE *
- Minimum of four (4) years of general experience and two (2) years of related experience in providing logistics support for a Government agency or small to mid-sized corporation.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of Government acquisition and Department of Defense Transportation policies.
- Strong computer skills; Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in the federal contracting industry preferred.
- Army Property book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) certification a plus.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Verbal and written communications must be timely and of consistently high quality in content, style and clarity.
- Maximo experience is a plus.
- Candidates must be willing to work and travel extensively in Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
- Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex.
- Willing to work a 12 hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
- Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3-100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
- Possess a current United States passport.
- Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
Job Type: Full-time
- Property books: 4 years
- Logistics Management: 4 years
- Inventory Management: 4 years
- Supply Chain Management: 4 years
- High school or equivalent