The mission of the Pine Room is pure and simple treat every Pine Room team member like family to create a happy ambassador for our guests.
We believe in taking care of our staff first in a way that creates loyalty, kindness, professionalism, and empathy.
The Pine Room aims to create a welcoming and enjoyable workplace that provides challenging and creative opportunities for all!
We are seeking an experienced porter that will fit and thrive in our culture!
This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc.; using machine and manual cleaning methods.
This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking methods and place them in racks to send through dishwashing machine
- Sort and stack clean dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils
- Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas
- Rewash soiled dishes before delivering
- Change dishwater in dishwashing machine every hour
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster
- Set up and break down dishwashing area
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
- Sweep/mop floors
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry
- Must notify Executive chef or Sous Chef anytime dishwashing machine’s wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first
- Other duties as directed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Previous restaurant experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time