Worthington Industries is seeking an Intern to support the Purchasing Department of the Engineered Cabs division. Purchasing Intern responsibilities include supporting the team of Commodity Managers in daily activities. This position will be about 20 hours per week during the school year.
- Prepare, distribute, and analyze request for quotes
- Participate in cost reduction and supplier consolidation activities
- Perform spend analysis to identify cost improvement opportunities
- Support ERP system integration
- Create purchasing support documents
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operations Management, Purchasing, Transportation & Logistics Majors Preferred
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office and Excel critical)
- Must have experience with business communications
- Competitive GPA (3.0 and above preferred)
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE:
WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.