Mercy Medical Center, the only midsize hospital in the state of Maryland named a “Best Employer” by Forbes Magazine and recognized as one of the Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare, is hiring a Clinical Dietitian! Come join our family of dedicated healthcare professionals! Military veterans are also encouraged to apply!
Mercy’s Clinical Dietitian benefits:
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(B) retirement plan with generous company match and “Catch Up” provision
- McAuley Awards – Mercy’s Rewards & Recognition Program rewarding employees for going above and beyond in living Mercy’s Mission and Values
- Competitive health, prescription, vision and dental benefits & wellness credit
- Employer paid short & long term disability benefits
- Discounts on auto & home insurance and Verizon plans
- Pet Wellness coverage, legal assistance and identity protection
- Mental Health resources and other employee related wellness opportunities through our Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Perks at Work - savings on favorite brands, travel, tickets, dining and more!
The Clinical Dietitian is a member of the Diabetes Management Team and serves as the resource and instructor for patients, families and professionals on nutritional issues in the management of diabetes. The Clinical Dietitian demonstrates knowledge of diabetes, lipid disorders along with principles of growth and development appropriate to the ages of the patients served. The Clinical Dietitian assesses the patient, provides dietary recommendations, instructs the patient/family in the plan and evaluates the success of the patient and plan to meet metabolic goals of the patient.
- Education and Work Experience:Nutrition or related field at an accreditated college or university
3 years as a working dietitian
Experience in individual patient education and public speaking
- License Requirements: Licensed (LDN) by the DHMH of Maryland and by the national credentialing board of the ADA, Commission on Dietetic Registration (RD).
- Certification Requirements: Certified Diabetes Educator preferred (CDE)
Mercy Health Services is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) recruiting talent for Mercy Health Services, which serves the greater Baltimore Metro and surrounding Maryland areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $42.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Baltimore, MD 21202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Registered Dietitian: 3 years (Required)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)
Work Location: In person