The Staff IT Auditor is responsible for performing information systems internal audit work throughout the university to ensure compliance with regulations, laws, policies, procedures, and business operating systems at the direction of Senior IT Auditor(s) and/or the Associate Director. The Staff IT Auditor should be able to complete work independently, yet know when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant. The complexity and size of audit assignments will vary significantly. Incumbents will assist in the communication of audit results, including the preparation of written reports. Decisions made may impact the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative and business processes of the university. Incumbent will serve as a resource to others in resolving more complex problems and will assist with IT aspects of other audit projects, while also occasionally performing limited systems administration for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or related business area.
- Basic understanding of information system application and general controls.
- Working knowledge of IT security and project management.
- Database and data analytics knowledge and/or experience.
- Demonstrated sound technical knowledge of computerized systems, networking and telecommunications, systems analysis, and design.
- Demonstrated use of effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with confidential and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and tact.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization, including executive level management and administrators.
- Possess a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Ability to prepare professional documentation and correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Time management skills to plan, manage, and coordinate audit projects.
- Interest in learning and working in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated comfort working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations and adaptability to quickly changing priorities with the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in current office software such as Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Possession of or interest in obtaining professional certification (CISA, CIA, CPA).
- Professional experience as an auditor.
- Experience with and knowledge of Oracle databases, client-server environments, networks in multi-platform environments, secure web design, and the Windows operating systems.
- Experience with or interest in computer forensics.
- Experience working within UNIX, Linux, and Apple operating systems.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Auditing Standards and good business processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to a higher education environment.
- Experience auditing firewalls.
- Preference given for advanced degree in a related field.
- Preference given for supervisory experience and/or financial management.
Statement of Economic Interest is required Must have a conviction check: Yes Describe Other: Employment Comments: How to Apply for this Job:
For a full description of the position and requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #AP0180124. Attach a resume, cover letter, transcript and list of three professional references to the online faculty application. Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Administrative and Professional Faculty Appointment Type: Regular If restricted or temporary, enter end date: FLSA Status: Exempt: Not eligible for overtime Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year Percent Employment: Full-time If part time, enter Percent Time: Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience Location: Blacksburg Department: Office of Audit, Risk, and Compliance Location, if not Blacksburg: Location Zip Code: 24061 Work Schedule: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Job Posting Date: 05/04/2018 Review Begin Date: 06/01/2018 Job Close Date: Restricted to university employees only? No Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.