Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing oncology company located in San Diego, CA. We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join our Cell Line Development group for developing stable, clonal CHO cell line for the expression of therapeutic candidate antibodies for cancer therapy.
The Scientist - Cell Culture Development position in upstream process group will support the development and characterization of new cell lines and upstream processes. This position will play an integral role in cell line characterization for recombinant protein expression.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments under manager supervision, utilizing standard cell biology, biochemical and molecular techniques;
- Examine data and preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis and ensuring experiments are well documented
- Development, characterization and optimization of upstream process protocols General lab tasks including ordering, organizing, and instrument maintenance
- Excellent writing and communication skills and can write SOP and technical reports
- Ph.D. in the fields of cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering, and/or cellular signaling with 1-2 year experience.
- It is essential that the candidate has knowledge and experience of general cell culture techniques, including transfection, selection, cloning and sub-cloning, small scale antibody production.
- Experience with a wide range of cellular, biochemical and molecular biology methodologies, including ELISA, immunoblotting, qPCR, FACS, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity with cell culture performance at various scales, from multi-well plates to bioreactors, is preferred.
- Understanding of process development and GMP is a plus
- High level of initiative, ability to work independently, multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional weekend work for cell culture may be required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to lift 30 lbs. is required
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Visit our website at http://sorrentotherapeutics.com to learn more about us.
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial cell culture: 1 year (Preferred)