Full Job Description
Job Summary (Strongly Preferred)
1. 5 + years of pro forma modeling experience
2. 10+ years of experience with budgeting, financial reporting, variance analysis, forecasting
3. Able to lead financial discussion and discuss decision points with business unit leaders
4. Ability to lead/guide processes involving functional and inter-working teams
5. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
6. Ability to work independently and in a group setting
7. Experience working in companies with limited systems support
8. Experience building and maintaining financial reports/schedules
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other related field and four (4) years progressively responsible experience in finance and/or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting, and financial analysis.
1. Completes variety of complex monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
2. Prepares and/or supervises preparation of monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of Texas System and Federal and State agencies.
3. Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
4. Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
5. May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial system; develops and maintains delegation of authority of various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approval, bad debt write-offs, etc.
6. Completes more complex special projects as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Salary Salary Negotiable
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.