Full Job Description
The Program Manager located at the SOF GLSS site in Lexington, KY directs all phases of programs from inception through completion with focus on systems integration and new product development efforts which may include prototyping and low-rate initial production. Programs primarily pertain to Command, Control, Computers and Communications (C4) programs for Special Operations Forces (SOF). Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned programs or subsystems of major programs. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts. Lead the combined internal and external (subcontractor) program team through the DoD development process. Acts as primary interface with engineering and production teams. Establishes and reviews status of programs and prepare status reports. Primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Sets milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program issues and obtains solutions working with a matrixed team and subcontractors / suppliers. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Some domestic travel required to support customer program reviews, industry conferences and subcontractor site visits.
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience working on government development projects including prototyping, production and integration
- Understanding of cost account management and earned value management
- Demonstrable knowledge of risk and opportunity management including risk identification and management strategies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills including ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leader competencies
- Ability to obtain a Secret level DoD security clearance
- Project or Systems Engineer experience
- DoD program experience
- 2+ years of program management experience
- IT infrastructure and cybersecurity competency
- Active Secret level DoD security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.