An established civil litigation firm in El Dorado Hills seeking a detail oriented Legal Assistant capable of handling multiple duties in a small office environment. We offer a friendly, business casual environment with competitive salary package. Must have a minimum of seven years of litigation experience. Satisfaction of paralegal requirements under Business and Professions Code 6450(c) preferred but not required.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, technological, calendaring, and administrative skills with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of litigation processes
- Thorough knowledge of filing/e-filing requirements in all California courts, including federal courts.
- Ability to independently research and compute deadlines and calendar for state, appellate, and federal courts.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload without prompting.
- Ability to multitask and work with two attorneys simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Word, Outlook and Adobe.
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize issues in writing.
- Research filing requirements for state and federal courts, as needed.
- Draft, edit, and finalize correspondence, discovery, and pleadings with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Schedule appointments and events in Microsoft Outlook and ensure deadlines are met timely.
- Process, scan, and distribute incoming mail.
- Open, maintain, and close case files in conformance with internal office procedures.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies.
- Enter attorney time in billing program and generate monthly invoices.
- Perform general administrative functions (e.g., answer telephone calls, scan/copy documents, etc.).
- Document review, organization and summary (if paralegal)
- Assist with attorney trial preparation, including securing witnesses for trial, preparation of exhibits, jury instructions, trial binders, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Qualified individuals should include their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time