Do you want to develop training that will transform the DoD? As an Instructional Systems Designer, you know that even the best tools and processes can’t have impact without the right training. Constructing an interactive course that teaches critical information requires a real passion for understanding the needs of your customer. We have an opportunity for an instructional designer who is committed to solving some of the toughest challenges in the DoD by crafting effective training.
On our team, you’ll work with SMEs, instructors, and product designers to capture your customer’s training needs and recommend the right learning solution to help them accomplish their mission. Putting the learner at the center of the training experience, you’ll design synchronous, asynchronous material, and performance support tools. You’ll build training material following the ADDIE model. Use your technical skills, creativity, and experience to come up with new ideas to develop an engaging, interactive learning experience on screen or in a classroom. You’ll use cutting-edge multimedia technologies and strategies to build a successful learning environment. You know communication is key, so you’ll meet with SMEs and clients throughout the process to discuss learning material and incorporate feedback. To ensure your solution is hitting the mark, you’ll collect and analyze results using evaluation methodologies, including the Kirkpatrick Model, then fine tune your training for maximum impact. We focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers, so you’ll learn new tools and skills to develop a creative learning experience that will engage students. Join us as we improve national security, Cybersecurity, and law enforcement through learner-centered instructional design.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience with learning analysis and strategy, content design and development, content delivery, learning technology, and learning evaluation
- 1+ years of experience as an instructional designer, educator, or consultant in a professional work environment
- Experience with building and maintaining client relationships in a team-based government or professional services environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience with SCORM and Section 508 requirements
- Experience with needs assessment, requirements development and analysis, needs curriculum development, high-level simulations, learning management system (LMS), LCMS development and distribution, learning technology, or evaluation
- Experience with delivering professional services to the federal government
- Ability to translate information, develop insights, and work alongside clients at client sites
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possession of excellent leadership, analysis, and data gathering skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Consulting at Booz Allen means empowering you to provide your customers with the best support. With a consulting career at Booz Allen, you can expect:
- a large business consulting community
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
We have opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, so you can find the right fit for your career — and your life. You’ll also have access to a wealth of training resources through our Consulting University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success. With contracts across the globe in multiple industries, no matter where you want to go with your consulting career, we have the path that takes you there.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.