Full Job Description
Neuroscience Group has a Part Time position available for team-oriented X-ray and Special Procedures Technologist. This position will work 12-16 hours per week. The Technologist performs radiology exams and procedures at a technical level that requires independent judgment. They operate ionizing radiation equipment using ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed protocols related to radiology technology for the diagnosis of various diseases. The Technologist also assumes responsibility for coordinating procedures, applies radiation safety, and attends to patient’s needs.
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has provided excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to over 40 providers and serves patients in nine outlying clinics scattered throughout the region. Our mission is to improve lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care and we do that by living our company core values: compassionate care, teamwork, fiscal responsibility, continuous learning, leadership and community involvement.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the ideal patient experience and brand building basics.
- Prepares patient for radiologic procedures by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving/adjusting equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Documents accurate medical history in patient records.
- Prepares paperwork for fluoroscopic procedures.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of procedures; answering questions.
- Performs fluoroscopic studies under the direction of a physician while maintaining sterile field. Assists physician with preparation of patient positioning, supplies, and equipment during injections and other various procedures.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Assists with preparing patients for MR exams by reviewing patient medical history and safety screening form.
- Performs venipuncture while maintaining proper laboratory techniques to obtain lab specimens and prepare for processing. Maintain accurate identification of laboratory specimens and requisitions.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to X-RAY exams and equipment.
- Knowledge of imaging equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Knowledge/skill of operating PACS system for storing of digital imaging.
- Maintain procedure rooms and stocks medical and radiologic supplies as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain accurate records as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work as a team member within the radiology department and all other departments.
- Attend seminars/meetings and incorporate new procedures and/or revise protocols to improve patient diagnostics.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited Radiology program required with current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to properly position patients to provide quality imaging.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management, and peers.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint area for imaging.
At Neuroscience Group we offer a very competitive salary. In addition to great pay we also offer the following benefits:
- Generous PTO and Sick Banks
- On-site massage therapy and walking trails
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual voluntary health risk assessments (company paid)
- Timber Rattler tickets
- Holiday party, summer picnic, and annual recognition for years of service
- Annual Employee Appreciation Day
Job Type: Part-time
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction