Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your background and empathetic nature to work for a progressive, forward-thinking and family-owned company where creativity is encouraged?
We are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented and caring intern that is in a four-year undergraduate degree program or a recent college graduate to join our spirited team. The length of the internship is 16-20 hours per week for 10-12 weeks beginning the first week of September. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to play an active role in workforce development at one of EDSI’s program offices. You will be paired with a mentor in your assigned office and work on projects and learning goals that are meaningful to you.
- Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented, follow deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, take initiative and manage personal workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Passion for helping others
- Educational experience in business, education, human resources, marketing or related experience is preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Implement recruiting processes and initiatives
- Receive and review resumes of job applicants to match with active positions in the job bank
- Screen applicants for job openings
- Assist clients in the onsite Job Search Center with online application process
- Enter employment information into Skilldex with a 24-hour turnaround time
- Act as a liaison between program participants and the Job Placement Coordinator
- Network with area business organizations and solicit new job openings to add to the job bank
- Record job responsibilities and task data in the project database
- Enter all employer data and position descriptions in the job bank
- Listen, ask effective questions and document responses
- Communicate with team regarding open position and client progress
- Valid Driver’s License and an automobile are required
Bring your expertise to EDSI where you will be able to live our values every day: show up, smile and support!