Data Foundry is seeking a Network Operations Center Technician for our night shift. As a Network Operations Center Technician (NOC Technician) you are the face of our company and make the first impression on our customers. As a NOC Technician your primary function is to respond to customer requests. In addition to this responsibility, you have the exciting opportunity to gain exposure to and experience with every aspect of our business. The company's earnest hope is for you to discover what work you value, and for you to develop toward this work and role. Data Foundry's continued growth depends on new ideas from future generations of leaders; simply put, you are that future. Below are the details of the responsibility of the NOC Technician role.
Night Shift (8 pm – 8 am). Shift times during the training period may vary.
- Develop working knowledge, building toward a mastery, of the basic IT tools we rely upon to support our customers
- SSH/Telnet, Putty, IRC/Slack, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Intranet, RT, Wiki, Lenel (Alarm Monitoring, Visitor Management, etc.)
- Linux/Unix, Cisco IOS, misc CLI commands and syntax
- Understand the Data Foundry products:
- Develop your knowledge of Data Foundry products and their delivery
- Networking: DS1/3, Ethernet, routers, switches, firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, subnetting etc.
- Power: Power utilization, overages, distribution units, service types
- Space: Cage, Cabinet, Worksite recovery, associated access and security policies
- Managed Services: Virtual Hands, Eng. Time, Managed Devices, etc.
- Greet and offer assistance to any customer on-site
- Identify and troubleshoot customer services
- Quickly notice and respond to customer request tickets and emails
- Always be available for Data Foundry calls
- Use available documentation to resolve issues
- Have empathy to a clients frustration and show understanding; escalate any dissatisfied customer to NOC manager
- Document all interactions with customers, customer visits/interactions, RTs worked, and submit NOC Activity Reports
- Adhere to documented policies/procedures and perform every task with precision and consistency according to written instructions and procedures
- Escalate any unresolved support issues to a NOC Tech 2 or The NOC Manager if severity is high
- Escalate issues with our documentation to the Change Control Committee.
- Immediately respond to IRC/Slack messages/updates in #admin and alerts in email
- Check graphs at least every 15 minutes and be the first to identify issues via PKv2 graphs/board
- Monitor facility alerts/emergencies, and identify whether any immediate emergency protocol is required, and to escalate/track the issue as required
- Follow documentation and escalate issues as required to Techs/Engineers. Escalate to management for any high priority or customer impacting issues.
- Shipping/Receiving functions
- Raised floor upkeep (blanking panels, dry sweeping, flammable material audits)
- NOC and Security booth display walls and presentation of these rooms
- Provide support to Senior NOC Techs, TAMs and Engineers as required during your shift
- Perform facility walk-throughs to identify potential issues for the Facilities team
- Supplement security responsibilities as required, adhering to the policies set forth by the Security Manager
- Other duties related to your capabilities, assigned on an as-needed basis
Technically talented teams. A variety of challenging projects. Standard business hours that allow for an enjoyable work/life balance. And, the ability to contribute! This is what you can look forward to if you join our team. This position also offers a generous 401k profit-sharing plan, medical/dental insurance, vision discount plan, and generous paid time off.
Data Foundry, Inc. provides comprehensive wholesale and retail data center outsourcing, colocation, and disaster recovery services. The company provides its customers with secure premium facilities for servers and equipment, emergency workspace and carrier-neutral network accessibility, supported by experienced onsite technicians and customer support 24/7/365. The company supports more than 1,000 enterprise customers across a variety of industries including energy, healthcare and financial services. Founded in 1994, Data Foundry, Inc. was the first Internet Service Provider in San Antonio and one of the first 50 Internet Service Providers in the United States. Today, Data Foundry, Inc. operates data centers in Austin and Houston and owns private networks in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.