Structured Communication Systems, Inc. (www.structured.com), a leading systems integrator, has an immediate opening for a Senior Application and Desktop Virtualization Engineer in the Pacific Northwest (Washington/Oregon area). The ideal candidate will have an exceptional technical background and extensive experience in complex, heterogeneous networking environments. In addition, candidates should have well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, as well as, the ability to support sales activities by discussing and presenting technology solutions.
- Assess, architect/design, plan, install, document, maintain, and troubleshoot complex Citrix VDI environments in public and private cloud, including
- Citrix Workspace
- Citrix Networking
- VMware, Azure, AWS infrastructure deployment and management
- Windows Server, AD, and Group Policy
- Profile, OS, and application environment management
- Detailed project status communication * Pre-sales technical support to include but not limited to:
- Consultative meetings to discuss and understand business needs of customers.
- Design best of breed solutions to fill customer’s needs.
- Creation of bill of materials for solutions.
- Scoping of professional services in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Discuss technical best practices, concepts, and technologies to present innovative computing solutions.
- Support and provide knowledge transfer to clients both on site and via other means of communication.
- Pre and post install documentation, including architecture, design, as built and operational. Demo/how to/support video documentation a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, and the within a team when so assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with application/desktop virtualization with expert troubleshooting and installation knowledge with Citrix and VMware.
- Expert knowledge of server virtualization
- Expert knowledge of enterprise Microsoft environments.
- Citrix CCE-V
- VMware VCP, VCP-DT a plus
- Current Azure and/or AWS certification
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Experience translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills required.
- Strong client-facing skills including listener, communication, consultative approach, leadership, self-starter, assertiveness, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Travel within the Pacific Northwest is required.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.Salary based on experience and certifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Citrix: 5 years (Required)
- VMware: 5 years (Required)
- AWS/Azure: 5 years (Required)