Who are we?
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We work side-by-side with our neighbors throughout King and south Snohomish counties to help kids and families thrive – and apply their positive behaviors and goals at home, school, the workplace and beyond.
Where you’ll work…
- 13 branches
- 2 overnight camps
- 10 swimming pools
- More than 200 program site
You’ll work in our welcoming membership facility that offers programs ranging from health and wellness, to family programs, to child care, to aquatics (access is a staff benefit - swim a few laps before work, take a yoga class, do some laps on the track before you go home, if you like!).
If this sounds like an organization you'd like to work for, read on!
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for trustworthy leaders who want to make positive connections with our members and program participants, have a keen eye for safety, and set the tone for a safe environment for kids and families. You will play a key role in supporting our safety standards – in the water and on the deck, supporting Lifeguards as a first responder in emergencies, maintaining safety equipment, and serving on an engaged and dynamic team. You ideally desire to become a Lead Lifeguard and Swim Instructor.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for the job, you have or are willing to become a certified lifeguard, display positive communication skills, thrive on serving kids and families, and can step up to offer support at the first sign it's needed. You have the desire and energy to make a positive impact in the daily lives of the people in our community.
You are at least 16 years of age and have:
- Current state approved first-aid certification. *
- Current state approved CPR certification, Pro or Basic Life Support. *
- Lifeguard certification – YMCA or Red Cross. *
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must be observant and able to react calmly, quickly and with good judgment in an emergency.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
*We can facilitate the process of you getting certified if you don’t have the required certifications yet. Please still apply if you are interested!
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y and Aquatics Team if you:
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for allThe YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.