Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities forprofessional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you. This is an unparalleled time of change with new information security challenges arising each day. Our team of Cyber risk professionals bring industry experience, confidence, and technical knowledge to help our clients tackle those unique challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers exposure to enterprise-level software implementations and variety to your day-to-day routine while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber practice.
Work you’ll do
As part of the Cyber Threat Management team the Threat Intel Analyst will manage a series of activities to gather, analyze and disseminate information about Cyber Threat Intelligence. You will use your deep knowledge and experience with complex malware, such as advanced persistent threats, command and control and botnets, to name a few. To gather information the candidate will conduct malware analysis or reverse engineer binaries to obtain certain information and manage technical information from a variety of resources and then analyze the information on behalf of our clients.
- Develop written intelligence reports for consumption by the client
- Conduct intelligence-focused research using a variety of tool sets
- Conduct intelligence briefings in order to inform the client
- Provide security-focused recommendations based off of intelligence findings
- Perform malware analysis through dynamic or static analysis
- Perform network and system analysis on how malware was introduced and propagated
- Conduct research for tracking certain code families, campaigns or actors through technical analysis of data, malicious codes and infrastructure
- Research malware variants, such as Zeus, Spyeye, etc
- Work with a variety of internal and external resources to understand latest security threats
- Collect and manage technical intelligence from malware analysis to determine if its related to a campaign
- Collect and manage information from public and private sources for attribution and campaign correlation
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks and security controls
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes
- Demonstrate ability to take multiple requirements (regulatory, technical, business) and integrate them into a framework
- Perform security risk analysis and gap assessments to identify opportunities for improvement
- Design a strategy and detailed implementation roadmap
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Implement a variety of technology-based solutions, processes and controls
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche products and service lines
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
- Excellent potential for 1) playing lead role in designated tasks of the project team in gathering, organizing and analyzing data; 2) making major contributions in assuring products/deliverables meet contract/work plan and; 3) strong potential for growth and acceptance of additional responsibilities.
About our team
Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services practice.
PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN HOUSTON TX.
Required Security Skills
- 3+ years in the following cybersecurity focus areas:
o Experience with malware designated as APT, Zeus, and Spyeye etc.
o Experience with incident response and incident management
o Experience with application security and secure SDLC
o Experience with firewalls, VPNs, proxies, and network device configuration
o Experience with enterprise level IDS/IPS and SIEMs
o Experience with Operating System security
o Experience with different encryption technologies
- 3+ years in the following cyber intelligence focus areas:
o Experience operating all areas of the intelligence lifecycle
o Experience collecting intelligence from various information sources (malware, technical reports, open source, etc.)
o Experience analyzing intelligence data and developing written reports
o Experience briefing intelligence findings to security decision makers and stakeholders
o Experience working as part of a security / intelligence team and collaborating with other team members
Preferred technology experience with the following:
- Comfortable working outside their comfort zone with a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working independently, handling complex assignments with minimal guidance
- Malware intelligence analysis tools such as VirusTotal or Joe Sandbox
- Domain intelligence analysis tools such as Open DNS or Domain Tools
- Open Source intelligence analysis tools such as Cyjax or Silobreaker
- Social Media intelligence analysis tools such as Brandwatch or Sigwatch
- Internal security tools from which intelligence value could be derived, such as Splunk, RSA SecOps, or PhishMe
- Dark Web intelligence analysis tools such as Intel 471 or FlashPoint
- Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) technology such as ThreatConnect or Anomali
- Correlation analytic technology such as Maltego or Palantir
- Malware analysis tools and binary debuggers
- Strong technical skills and hand-on design and deployment experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) solutions such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Log Rhythm, netForensics, Symantec, Splunk, LogLogic, etc
- Implementation experience with intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS: Snort/Sourcefire), log aggregators and logging and monitoring models
- Hands on experience with networking: firewall and router configuration, switches, secure network architecture
We are looking for security professionals with strong technical security skills and with prior consultative experience. At the very minimum, the candidate must possess the following:
- 6+ system security and controls experience
- BA/BS in information technology or related field, MS preferred
- Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA), CISSP, and CEH certification a plus
- Prior Big 4/consulting experience a plus
- Prior experience analyzing nation-state threat actors is a plus
- Prior experience in the intelligence community is a plus
- Prior experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong initiative
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.