Perform HVAC services and other skills as required to effectively service and maintain commercial air conditioning systems; and perform mechanical services and other skills as required, to include, but not limited to, installation, repairs and maintenance to building, facilities, and service equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Training & Education Requirements:
- Perform Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, adjustments and installations to industrial and commercial air conditioning systems to include industrial refrigeration, cooling and heating systems. Including boilers, rooftops, split systems, chillers, cooling towers etc. Performs sliver solder; sweat copper tubing; cut, thread and assemble black iron and galvanized pipe up to 3”. Includes operation and maintenance of boilers chillers, compressors, cooling towers, associated electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls, and associated piping systems; to include precision rebuild of components.
- Technician should be capable of responding to a variety of trouble calls such as, but not limited to, hot/cold issues, general plumbing, carpentry work, electrical repairs to 480VAC and to 24VDC, precision millwright/mechanical work, pneumatics and piping repairs, industrial painting processes, lighting issues, minor leaks and general customer service skills (face to face communication)
- Technician must have a strong understanding how to trouble shoot systems including, circulating water systems, pumps, motors, and control system.
- Must be able to work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc., utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks.
- Read, interpret, and perform field markup of engineering drawings and technical sketches. Develop and make technical sketches.
- Maintains records for inventory of repair supplies and materials; prepares materials requisitions for approval of supervisor as replacement needs dictate.
- Must be able to effectively work alone or in groups with others.
- Assists other Trades as directed by Supervisor.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime and all assigned shifts, including weekends and holidays, and serve on an on-call basis, as may be dictated by the needs of the customer.
- Requires knowledge of tools and equipment related to trade, as well as basic computer and shop math abilities.
- Effectively communicate in a positive, proactive manner with all team members, customer employees, and vendors; demonstrate a team and teamwork values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must hold a refrigerant recovery certification (Section 608 Technician Certification.)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and positive attitude.
- Must have required basic hand tools
- Must understand Lock out Tag out Procedures.
- Basic knowledge of CMMS and BAS is a necessary.
Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in facility / HVAC maintenance.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
Applicants must pass a criminal background check, physical exam, and drug screen.
Want to become part of a winning team with opportunities for growth, career advancement and development? WFF Facility Services is proud to provide an environment where we support you and your drive for success. We have a passionate commitment to learning and investing in our associates looking to accelerate their careers. We offer a wide range of employment opportunities for professionals and entry level candidates who share our core values.
Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check