Rational Consulting is growing, and we need amazing talent to join our team. If you have an entrepreneurial attitude with a deep spirit of service and killer subject expertise, we want to talk to you. We are always looking for the next great consultant to raise the bar and push Rational Consulting to be better than we were yesterday. Staying hungry, curious, and looking forward to what's next is part of our DNA.
We are currently seeking a Product Marketing Consultant with demonstrated ability to synthesize market analysis, customer needs and product capabilities into easy-to-understand messages and value propositions and revenue-driving GTM strategies. The person in this role should be a creative technical marketing professional skilled in storytelling with good knowledge of and experience directly in the small to mid-size business (SMB) segment and with B2B SaaS products sold online and/or via the inside sales channel. This person will be selling digital marketing SaaS (software) solutions to small franchises (laundromats, fast food, fitness companies, really any franchise, etc).
The consultant will be responsible for GTM plans aligned to product launches, product positioning and messaging, sales tools and collateral to foster sales enablement, and sales plays that drive clear revenue opportunities for 2 products in the PwC New Ventures portfolio. We are looking to add a creative and passionate individual who can drive strong business results while being a team player.
**This will start out as a 6 month W2 contract with potential to extend. Benefits provided. Need to be local to New York City.
What You Will Do:
What You Will Bring:
- Develop clear and differentiated messages and value propositions for our SMB product portfolio that is easy for sales to deliver and compels target audiences to engage.
- Develop comprehensive GTM plans that raises awareness across multiple channels, drives leads, increases customer acquisition, and ensures the product's overall success in the marketplace.
- Create and present compelling, high-quality content across the funnel, including customer-facing presentations, webinars, product-related blogs, analyst relations plan, customer stories, demo scripts, social media content, event marketing, thought leadership articles, videos, and web site content.
- Research and understand market, product, and competitive dynamics and socialize findings and recommendations with Sales, Product Management, the venture board and other internal stakeholders.
- Operationalize product programs such that sales teams and partner organizations are properly informed about product details, messaging, sales tools and collateral, pricing, and release schedules and can communicate these details consistency across the team.
- Work with sales teams to ensure they have the messaging and tools required to optimize their sales process.
- Support pricing and packaging initiatives for new product or cross-portfolio packages.
- Ability to build strong relationships with product management, sales, marketing and other functional groups.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years' experience in product marketing
- Experience in SaaS solutions
- Exposure to how franchises operate or how they would benefit from digital marketing would be a huge plus
- Experience working for one of the following SMB software vendors a bonus: Quickbooks Online, Xero, Expensify, Gusto, Salesforce.
- Experience leveraging a mix of online marketing ecosystems including social, search, mobile and display advertising by brands and agencies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - Must have experience crafting and evangelizing product messages, developing creative product marketing content and comfortable presenting to customers and sales teams alike
- Samples of written content and creativity such as videos, brochures, white papers or other forms of marketing assets will be requested
- Self-Starter able to deliver high output, attention to detail who delivers great quality
- Travel approximately 10%-15%
- Passionate. About your craft, adding value to the Client by the work you do in the organization
- Adaptable. Change happens at lightning speed (especially at Rational), you are flexible, enjoy challenge, and get behind new ideas
- Visionary. Ability to see "the whole picture" and simultaneously remain slightly obsessed with the details
Rational Consulting is a results-oriented consultancy designing premium customer experiences. Each of our business practices are deeply rooted in delivering client success. We see ourselves as partners to our clients, and we invest in each of their business goals, ensuring that our work helps deliver on these goals. Client success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture.
Incredible people are our non-negotiable. Our experienced team of consultants spans the globe. We love what we do, and who we do it with – let's begin our next chapter together.
Rational Consulting wants to make sure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.