Jack + Jill Aesthetics is looking for an experienced Aesthetician/Laser Technician who is interested in joining our Franklin, TN Team. Jack + Jill Aesthetics has five key strategic business segments - laser hair removal, tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation, medical aesthetics, and skincare services. Currently, we are looking to groom/train an aesthetic laser operator to be our in-house expert and perform 75% of the laser treatments at our spa. Previous experience is preferred. If you have had previous medical spa aesthetics experience please apply.
This position is being posted as both a part-time and a full-time position. Ideally, we would like to have a full-time Laser Operator but finding the “right” person is more important to our team. If you apply, please understand that you will be expected to work every Saturday and late days until 7 during the week due to the nature of our business and us being available when clients are off work.
In the body of your email, please tell me what your experience is either on a personal and/or professional level with the medical aesthetic industry. Lastly, please put in the email subject line “Medical Laser Operator Resume”
A list of some of the responsibilities can be found below:
Education and Experience:
- A Graduate of the National Laser Institute Training Academy or Similar School
- Current state of TN Aesthetics License preferred but not necessary if you have Laser Certification.
- Solid customer service and communication skills.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Aesthetic Knowledge - Possess wide-range of knowledge in skin care treatments, laser technology, and the overall aesthetic medical industry. This person needs to have a personal interest in the aesthetic medical industry. CoolSprings Laser trains all staff on any lasers prior to having them treat patients. Knowledge of aesthetics and good skin care is critical to being successful in this practice.
- Critical Problem Solving – candidate must be able to think “outside” the box to solve problems and evaluate patients. Every patient is different so you must be able to analyze, listen, observe and adjust treatments settings when needed. The staff member will need to be comfortable making decisions independently.
- Safety – Safety is paramount. Evaluating every client with fresh eyes is important. Taking before and after treatment images of a patient is mandatory. Reviewing consent forms each time to ensure they are signed and changes are discussed is mandatory. It is critical that the staff member follows all safety protocols.
- Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. Whether it is talking to a patient who knows nothing about aesthetics or to someone who is extremely informed – you must be able to make people feel comfortable and be clear about how you explain treatments and aftercare and pre/post-treatment skin care. We use electronic documentation so it is important that the staff member document and note settings and all other important information about their treatment encounter with the patient. All records are reviewed by our Medical Director and signed off on -- written communication is very important. It's important if you don't know the answer to ask and not just assume an answer or "wing it" as they say.
- Teamwork - Ability to work as a team member. We are a small medical spa so everyone helps everyone. Whether it is doing laundry, turning over a room answering the phone or helping for the sake of helping, we all work together. There no big "I" and little "you".
- Salary / Hourly Wage – This is an hourly position. Hourly rates are determined by experience. This position also pays commission in some cases so individuals need to be comfortable with selling products and services. Our product lines sell themselves, but you must be able to confidently educate the patient about the products.
What we are looking for in an Individual :
So what exactly are the characteristics of a great employee?
Here is our list of twelve characteristics:
Trustworthy: At the top of the list is trust. Surrounding yourself with people that are trustworthy allows you to channel your efforts on moving the company forward. Trust eliminates the drama that slows down progress. Simply put, there is no greater feeling a leader can have than knowing that your people have your back.
Team player : It's nice to have a star player on your team - as long as that star supports and complements the team.
Takes initiative : Employees that step up and take ownership in solving problems and achieving the right outcomes. These employees lift the team and add a natural momentum. We encourage initiative - we don't restrict it by micromanaging. We want a Go-Getter mentality.
Embraces change: Change resisters slow progress. It's like a ship dragging an anchor.
Sense of urgency : We always say that urgency is energy. Great employees have a bounce in their step and a natural desire to achieve results and win. They inspire others to get up to speed.
Accountability : Great employees never say, "That's not my job." If it needs to get done - they get it done. Accountability is the glue that bonds together a no-compromise culture.
Delivers results : Great employees take pride in their work. They deliver results because they want to contribute and feel valued and appreciated. Most of all, they are passionate about their work and support what the company stands for. Laziness is won't be tolerated here.
Learns from mistakes : Yes, great employees make mistakes. Mistakes are a natural byproduct of taking initiative. Great employees learn from mistakes, but it takes a great leader to allow mistakes to become learning opportunities.
Seeks to mentor others : Great employees share their knowledge, skills, and experience with others. They willingly reach out their hand to lift other team members up. Mentoring is what great employees do.
Protects and lives the company culture : Company cultures are highly susceptible to contamination. When left unchecked, toxic employees can quickly spread their ick to others. Great employees serve as an extension of leadership and protect the company culture by living its values. Like antibodies that fight infection, they help weed out people that don't fit the culture.
Integrity: Great employees have strong moral principles. Honesty, compassion, and respect for others make them model employees. They play by the rules and help others do the same.
Sense of humor : Work shouldn't always feel like work. Having a sense of humor lightens up the day and helps when working through tough situations. Laughter and having fun takes the "work" out of work.
YOU MUST LOVE PEOPLE AND WANT TO HELP PEOPLE LOOK AND FEEL BETTER
IF you cannot do 3 things at once - DO NOT APPLY!
IF you hate CHANGE - DO NOT APPLY!
IF you don't work on Saturday - DO NOT APPLY!
IF you are negative or grumpy- DO NOT APPLY!
If you just want a "job" - DO NOT APPLY!
If you can't sell skincare - DO NOT APPLY!!!
If you love people, want to grow with a company that respects and enjoys a team environment
while giving rewards for goals and productivity - APPLY TODAY!
If you invest your career with us, we invest in you with training and moving you into different areas of the practice once you have shown proven skills in your current position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour