The flagship of the City University of New York, City College offers outstanding teaching, learning and research on a beautiful campus nestled in Harlem. The College is an integral part of the civic, urban and artistic energy of New York and inseparable from its history. The office of Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS), in tandem, mi strives to offer training for the community and beyond, serving nearly 7,000 students a year. Certificate and Language Programs offered through CPS constitute a viable vehicle through which City College’s mission to respond to the community’s educational and professional development needs.
CPS seeks a full-time grant funded Program Coordinator to develop and manage all aspects of the department’s tuition courses. The Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operations and administration of Tuition courses and other related programs. The coordinator will serve as a liaison to students, faculty, and the greater City College community.
Communications/Public Relations Coordinator Job Description
The Coordinator will be responsible for the development of campaigns to advance the mission of Continuing and Professional Studies. An Integral part of this position is producing content for both print and Web, including brochures and newsletters. The coordinator is also responsible for supporting the executive staff including administrative duties, such as meeting coordination and production timeline development. Work closely with Program Directors, to develop programming, manage courses, including attendance, outcomes, performance, teacher and program evaluations, database management, develop materials and interact with internal and external clients to deliver an organization's messages to the public and the media. The coordinator will serve as a liaison to students, faculty, and the greater City College community.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Strategize with the team to develop campaigns vital to social platforms and
incorporate new communication tools and creative strategies to strengthen and advance the
mission of CPS and coordinate other programmatic tasks as needed
- Build community relationships, increasing the profile of CPS
- Write and distribute press releases, write content for office newsletters
- Candidate should be able to produce timely and strategic content for the project’s multiple
social media and multimedia platforms
- Manage and produce written and visual/multimedia content for email listserv, website and
social media networks to raise the visibility of CPS
- Develop and post regular content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and other social
- Plan and manage projects that use visuals, video, and / or multimedia storytelling to support
CPS work. Potential projects could include producing short web videos or infographics on
all programs, and designing fliers
- Build relationships with media outlets and key communication partners that will lead to
mainstream media coverage of the center’s events
- Work with CPS team members to generate and release media advisories, press releases and
statements and proactively pitch outlets around key issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication, proofreading, copy editing, developing and
maintaining media contacts
- Must have familiarity with developing timelines, meeting deadlines, desktop publishing,
creating spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, and basic graphic design
- Possess outstanding organization, meeting coordination, event planning, and
- Liaise with Executive Director, Directors and appropriate staff regarding
course offerings, schedules, locations, material production, and grade reporting
- Assist students with information regarding courses, applications, registration.
- Accomplish tasks efficiently with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm, demonstrating flexibility
organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Attend CPS meetings, college, community events, and event planning
- Conduct Open House presentations for potential students and trainings for staff.
- Manage confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Assist with student enrollment process – enter enrollment in registration system, prepare student ID forms; attend Open Houses
- Research and interface with certifying agencies/organizations; process certifications
- Provide impeccable customer service; greet visitors in a prompt, accurate, courteous and professional manner and have a personable demeanor towards all
- Provide input and creativity with designing yearly course catalog.
- Respond to incoming and outgoing correspondence - mail, emails, telephone calls and faxes
- Maintain electronic database regarding the program outcomes and assist with program reports
- Interface with daytime Administrative Assistant to ensure that daily class needs are met such as preparation of course materials and equipment
- Must develop thorough knowledge of all course offerings to respond to inquiries about courses and program selection, eligibility and class schedules
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- At least five years’ program coordinator and public relations experience
- Must be able to work M-TH, 1:30PM – 9:30PM, Saturdays 8:30AM – 4:30PM
- Knowledge of Adult and Continuing Education industry a plus
- Ability to work well with all partners, staff and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills and web marketing
- Must be able to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Strong understanding of the nature of business
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Comfortability with various social media platforms
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Relations: 5 years