Software Engineer in Test II, Autonomous Haulage System
Innovation. Quality. Results. We are Modular Made.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products that we create, the solutions that we engineer and the service that we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates in real time.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Moscow to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
If you have a passion for innovation, a desire for quality, a drive for success and with a spirit of team work motivating you; we call that being Modular Made, and we’d love to hear from you.
The Autonomous Haulage System:
The Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) is a comprehensive fleet management system for mines. The autonomous dump truck, jointly developed by Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp. and Modular Mining Systems, Inc, is centrally controlled through a wireless network that integrates on-board vehicle controllers, high precision global positioning, and obstacle detection and avoidance systems. The system has full supervisory logic that utilizes complex data fusion to control the dump truck to safely operate through a load, haul and dump cycle and allow integration with other mine vehicles such as light vehicles, dozers, loaders, graders.
The Road Ahead:
AHS Product Development team is responsible for crafting innovative solutions to unique and challenging problems. Working with our partners around the world, you will help design and support the next generation of mine planning and optimization technology and build the future platforms and infrastructure that will drive the changes in the mining industry for generations.
What a Software Engineer in Test II does at Modular Mining Systems:
As part of AHS Product Development team, you will have the opportunity to research, design, build, and improve the efficiency & safety of the Autonomous Haulage System via automated testing. From research to product ready, you’ll have a key role at each step of the development lifecycle. You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking to ensure maximum quality before delivering AHS. If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Software Engineer in Test II at Modular, your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Developing unit tests, automation tests and simulation tools to ensure AHS high quality.
- Analyzing, decomposing large software systems and designing a strategy to test this system.
- Developing tools/frameworks to increase the productivity of day-to-day activities from Software and QA engineering teams.
- Performing analysis, estimating work, creating and updating software architecture and design.
- Working closely with management, you’ll help define and negotiate scope of releases, suggest process improvements, as well as make recommendations for structural and technical improvements.
- Assisting Quality Engineering team with manual software testing to ensure our products meet the highest standards of quality.
- Assisting Software Engineering team with writing tests to assess broader quality concerns.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers at different levels is a plus.
And it would be really great if you had:
- General: Care about the product; Passionate about technology and solve problems via software coding; Be analytic; Have a Testing Mindset; Capable of solving complex problems; Have strong coding skills. Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering (Master’s degree in such areas is a plus).
- Experience: 3+ years of proven experience writing production code in Java. Relevant experience including Java, test automation, C#, scripting languages, Linux, network, databases, micro services, and behavior driven development frameworks.
- Testing Process: Familiar with Testing Concepts; Defects Lifecycle; Scrum and/or Agile Techniques.
- Experience with Cucumber
- Knowledge of Gherkin language
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
What are the benefits of being a part of Modular?
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things our members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options including 9/80 and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity, collaboration and teamwork.