The Riverside University Health System - Community Health Center's Ambulatory Care department is hiring a Pharmacy Technician II located in Corona. The incumbent will complete clinical Pharmacy Technician duties. The incumbent will complete other duties as needed.
Qualified applicants may be considered for future vacancies throughout the department.
- Educate patients about medications and the Ambulatory Care Clinic.
- Take basic vital, glucose, and INR measurements/tests as defined in the policy and procedures.
- Answer phone calls and schedule patients for the Ambulatory care pharmacist or to answer any questions as needed.
- Assist prior authorization process, patient assistant program to help clinic patients obtain medications
- Communicate with patients, clinic staff, pharmacies, providers regarding medications
- Facilitate developing quality reports
- Facilitate processing prescriptions at the RUHS Corona Retail Pharmacy when necessary.
- Process new prescriptions and/or medication orders.
- Prefill prescriptions/medication orders.
- File prescriptions/medication orders as needed.
- Process billing.
- Assist in control of the inventory.
- Work with other members of the health care industry to ensure a cooperative work environment.
- Provide input and guidance to management and staff as needed.
- Work on other projects as assigned or as pertains to the pharmacy area.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician training course in accordance with the California State Board of Pharmacy licensing requirements. Possession of a valid certificate of registration as a Pharmacy Technician issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
***PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE, upload a copy of your valid certificate to your Job Gateway account on your home page under My Career Tools - Cover Letters and Attachments.***
- 1 year working as a pharmacy technician in a health care facility or community pharmacy.
- Additional experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a health care facility or community pharmacy.
- Spanish Bilingual
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of good customer service; professional standards and practices; Federal, Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission and DHS laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to patient care, and dispensing of legend and non-legend pharmaceuticals and poisons.
- Ability to: Communicate clearly and effectively; input information quickly and accurately into our computer systems; retrieve and process patient and medication information; work cooperatively with other staff and health care providers; organize, and manage routine and new responsibilities; provide quality pharmaceutical care.
***Applications must be submitted through Job Gateway***
The preliminary closing date for this posting is June 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST; however, postings may close at any time.
Please, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page if you have any questions or concerns regarding the recruitment process: http://www.rc-hr.com/Careers/HowtoApply/HelpFAQs.aspx
Please, include relevant work experience details on resume or application. Applicants who fail to provide information demonstrating they possess the position requirements listed under RECRUITING GUIDELINES will not be considered further in the application process. *Review the full job posting (Job ID 11294) in Job Gateway for more information.*