The Customer Service / Front Office Representative provides exceptional customer care and helps to exceed customer expectations daily. Customer Service Representatives perform daily sales order entry and payment processing, undertakes the store’s administration functions and provides clerical support to store accounting functions that all help to create an easy, enjoyable guest shopping experience that generates new and repeat business.
Makes non-routine choices within established precedent, considering objectives, under limited supervision; performs intermediate troubleshooting or analysis; problems require interpretation of data using generally prescribed procedures; frequent interaction to provide basic information and/or occasional interaction requiring detailed procedural explanations or technical responses.
Primary Job Functions
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
- Provide an outstanding service experience for every HomeStore customer and guest. Maintain a welcoming, professional visible presence at the front desk; engage with guests, ensuring they are always treated in a cordial, respectful manner in a way that represents the Company brand image.
- Handle customer issues directed to the store, over the phone and in person; take detailed notes and execute steps needed for resolution in a positive, professional and helpful way.
- Respond to customer’s inquiries regarding sales, billing and delivery; call customers to confirm and schedule deliveries; partner with the sales team to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations professionally and with respect.
- Process sales orders accurately and efficiently. Follow cash handling procedures. Assist customers with the credit application process and financing arrangements as needed. Maintain sales transaction documentation.
- Assist with store opening and closing procedures including cash balancing and daily checklists.
- Provide clerical support for store administration and accounting functions. Handle telephone traffic and route calls using professional paging methods. Assist in the completion of daily sales and other store reports.
- Assist with inventory and loss prevention processes. Participate in the bi-annual inventory process.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
Education : High School Diploma or equivalent,
Required Experience: · 1 year of customer service experience, Required
Licenses or Certifications : None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Customer service skills
- Proficient math skills
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Ethics and values
- Integrity and trust
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour