Our facilities in Northeast Florida specialize in the most advanced radiation oncology therapies available for all types of cancer. The interdisciplinary team at Ackerman Cancer Center is professional, compassionate, and dedicated to the highest level of care for patients and their families.
The Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for active participation in the management of registries and clinical trials as assigned. This is a part-time position, with an estimated 15-20 hours per week.
- Participate in the implementation and data entry for registry and clinical trials
- Participate in patient screening, recruitment, enrollment and follow-up of assigned clinical trials
- Obtain informed consent, randomize patient according to protocol, schedule patient visits/tests and assess/document toxicities and adverse effects
- Assess patient compliance with study procedures and report any deviations to Clinical Research Coordinator
- Maintain source documentation files
- Support the activities of the principal investigators / sub-investigators
- Participate in the development and management of quality assurance and performance improvement activities within the program
- Part – time (20 hours a week) with flexibility
- Graduate of accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in Customer Service and/or Data Entry
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills environment
- Demonstrate general computer proficiency, report generation, form design and document editing abilities including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to gather, organize, and verify data for projects
- Maintain confidentiality of data and patient information according research protocol and HIPAA regulations
- Experience with medical registries and clinical trials
- Pursuing a Master’s in Public Health or a related field
- GCP Certification
- HSR Certification