Warranty Manager/Finish Carpenter
OBJECTIVE: THIS POSITION IS KEY GOAL IS FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULT:
Deliver exceptional client satisfaction and timely management of warranty responsibilities.
Professionally respond to all warranty requests in a timely manner, manage trades as needed, and material requests from vendors. Assure job appointments, schedules, and expectations are met.
KEY GOALS: THIS POSITION IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR PRODUCING THE FOLLOWING RESULT:
Understand and deliver exceptional client care (service) and satisfaction. #1 priority! Know how to present yourself, what to say (and what not to), do what you say you are going to do, anticipate needs, etc. Exceed expectations!
RESPONSIBILITY OF WORK LISTING: LIST ALL RESPONSABILITIES FOR WHICH THIS POSITION IS ACCOUNTABLE:
1. Ability to meet customer service commitments within a scheduled time frame.
2. Maintain excellent public relations with clients.
3. Supervise work to ensure schedule adherence, progression, and quality of vendor workmanship.
4. Ensure all work is completed to company standards.
5. Uphold clean, organized, and safe work zones during repairs.
6. Keep notes and ensure timely and accurate follow through.
7. Evaluate and create service requests and ensure timely completion.
8. Review and manage difficult or complex client issues.
9. Conduct yourself in a professional, businesslike manner. Be polite, considerate, and courteous when dealing with clients. Handle negative situations and client’s concerns in a diplomatic and professional manner and maintain excellent relations. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained from time of contact through conclusion of the client’s issues or concerns.
10. Manage your time and subcontractors to maximize productivity and reduce travel and down time. Schedule and coordinate all work (non-emergency) during normal business hours in a manner that is efficient, thorough, cost effective, and with a minimal inconvenience to the client.
11. Be prompt for scheduled appointments and notify the client in advance if circumstances beyond your control may cause delays to scheduled appointments and reschedule accordingly.
12. Communicate with your manager daily to report on progress and discuss problems and issues.
Immediately contact your manager with structural or emergency related issues or those that may have a negative impact on client relations or satisfaction.
1. Be motivated in pursuing personal and professional growth. Participate in all company sponsored training programs. Be success-orientated in quality control and company standards.
2. Use relentless follow up to ensure that all items are completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
3. You represent the company with every encounter, so expectations are high for performance, attitude, judgment, decision-making abilities, self-sufficiency, company loyalty and protection.
4. Monitor all outstanding warranty requests and responsibilities.
5. Know the homeowner’s handbook and company’s warranty plan.
6. Know who the trade partners are for each scope and what they are responsible for.
7. Know how to hold trade partners accountable for their work.
8. Communicate clearly and regularly with homeowner.
9. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
-BS/BA, 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience. High School Diploma or GED, min.
-Minimum 3 years of related experience with comparable responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with internal/external customers
- Knowledge of the entire construction/homebuilding process
- Knowledge of basic home maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions with excellent reasoning abilities
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as the ability to quickly learn any job-specific software.
1. All work will be performed in accordance with all government laws, regulations, ordinances, and court rulings in those jurisdictions in which the company operates.
2. All routine work will be documented in an operation manual. The information included in the operations manual is proprietary.
3. All work will be performed according to company policies and standards inherent in all position contracts, system action plans, employee manuals, ongoing policy memoranda, and facilities and dress codes.
4. Client and company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
5. All telephone calls, both internal and external, will be returned within one business day and within two hours whenever possible.
6. Manager will be notified of any issues to be resolved or deadlines that cannot be met by reporting position, prior to the due date.
7. All innovation will be quantified, tested, and improved, then documented for routine implementation (i.e., well- orchestrated once proven).
8. Problems with any system must be brought to the attention of manager in an exception report so the system can be improved, within the structure of the operations manual.
9. Employees will provide staff assistance as requested; each employee may be asked from time to time to cover areas for accountability and/or departments.
10. All business communications, whether verbal, visual, or written, whether for internal or external use, will be professional in tone and content and according to any applicable and existing company policies and standards.
11. Employees will respect each other’s time, space, and need for concentration. Socializing and interruptions must not impede workflow.
12. Employees will have weekly, regularly scheduled meetings with their manager.
13. Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the improvement of their department and position that are consistent with the company’s strategic objective.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations