Education Required Level:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
This Project Manager role manages Project and coordinates inter-Business Units submittals for high visual projects in the Mobility and Traction Electrification business. If the company is the successful bidder to the client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ) the Project Manager will become involved in the contract negotiations and the subsequent management of the project as agree between the client and Siemens.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- You will manage large project bids up to the final bids; contingent on the projects being clear and definable from inception.
- You will perform classic project management jobs such as coordination with Procurement, Scheduling and Quality personnel.
- You will interact with customers and will negotiate contracts and confirm contract acceptance.
- You will be responsible for end of day activities such as avoidance of non-forming costs as pertaining to parts and labor.
- You will work to make the schedule meet its target for completion and also set and reset expectations of deliver with the client. You will identify any delays early in the process and escalate it to management.
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following engineering curriculums, Civil, Mechanical or Construction Management/Engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a related position with demonstrated success in estimating, field construction and Project Management of project in excess of $20 Million USD per project.
- Required amount of travel: 10%
- Demonstrated technical experience with rail vehicle construction OR project management in a related field (e. g. construction of heavy machinery) is required.
- Strong technical civil, mechanical and/or electrical background with skills and knowledge applicable to Rail Systems business.
- Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a proven history of problem solving and value engineering.
- We offer a completive salary opportunity for the right candidate and full life, health, vision and dental benefits. We offer paid time off, company holidays and a floating holiday. We offer a matching 401K plan, employee stock ownership and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.